This year Jed went and bought icicle lights and braved the freezing temperatures outside to hang them from the house. I went out to take this picture and got trapped into helping him straighten out the hanging icicles - and I returned to the house half frozen! :) Thank you, Jed, for making our house so cheery during the holidays!
We had a great time over the break playing with toys and enjoying each others company. Ben and Eliza play so well together now! I think Eliza just hit the age where she can interact and have fun with Benjamin. It is so nice to see them playing together and being friends.
The kids watched the movie How to Train Your Dragon while Jed and I watched the BYU bowl game on the couch together. We took Ben to the movie theater to see it when it came out, and they have both seen it since then. There are a few tense moments in the movie, with big dragons and such, but Eliza surprisingly doesn't get scared. Ben, on the other hand, would jump behind his chair and peak through to watch the scenes (and Eliza would join him for fun). I had to take a picture because it was kind of funny. We kept asking them if it was too scary and they would say no, but I think Ben just feels safer behind his chair than sitting on it. :) (Did you notice the scene they are hiding from? This is when Hiccup is trying to muster up courage to kill the dragon. This is such a great movie!)
Cute little Sammy loved sucking on the Playskool Nativity set that his Grandma Walker sent him and Ben and Eliza. I kept it on the ground at his level the whole month and it was a favorite. :)
Eliza loves to sit on the couch and sing songs from my Young Women Personal Progress booklet. I guess she thinks it looks like a song book, because it must be this particular book. She makes up her own cute little songs.
Boy, did we love having Daddy home so much! He took two weeks of vacation right over Christmas, and I have never felt so spoiled having him around!
(Oh, and did I mention a great perk about his being around so much? He finished off his 'honey-do' list! What a good sweet husband he is! :) Granted, he had a lot of help.... Sam was his right hand man through the thick and the thin!)
Last of all, a picture of sweet little 'Liza, reading to her dolly.











3 comments:
That was such a fun little peek onto the Walker home:) What darling children! I sure wish I could see you guys more often. Thank heavens for blogs! I LOVE all the pictures you post! What little sweethearts!! Love you all so much! xoxo
Erin!!! I can't believe how grown up they all look! Such a beautiful family!!
Man, I was really behind on your blog! I loved all these pictures, sis. Eliza is seriously a cute cute little girl! I love her little curls and sweet personality. That is great that Ben and Eliza play well together now, too. How fun that Jed was able to be home so much over the holidays, too. I felt sorry for him stringing lights in the cold! Griff always does them a few weeks early so he doesn't have to freeze (or risk his life on the icy roof) later. PS I want one of those playskool nativities. Mom has one, too. They are so cute.
Post a Comment