Saturday, March 12, 2011

Detroit Auto Show 2011!

Last January Jed and I went to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit.  I really wanted to go again, so we set the date and called some friends to join us. It was a fun excursion!

The six of us friends drove downtown together. We parked in the parking garage and then took the elevator to the Cobo Center entrance. As we were leaving the elevator, Jed held the door open for an employee who was pushing an extra empty wheelchair. Jed struck up a friendly conversation as they walked out of the elevator, and then the guy said, "How many are in your group?" Jed replied, "Six" and he said, "Follow me."  So we all followed him down the hallway, he disappeared into an office for a moment and then came back with six tickets for us. Score! Each ticket is $12, so Jed was the hero of the evening!  Courtesy pays off! :)
Here's Jed and our friend, Cory, showing off their free tickets! :)

We wandered around and saw all kinds of cars. The most expensive car we saw were the three Bentleys on display.  At least, we thought they were the most expensive, but maybe that doesn't count the crazy concept cars.  We saw the Bentleys when the auto show was closing down for the night, and while we were looking at them, the Bentley employees took out special covers for the cars and covered them up. Their covers were perfectly fitted. Selina made the funniest comment, "Oh, look, they have little jammies!"  :)
Here we are in front of a race car...

There were impressive displays....
 

Me and my man trying this ride on for size.  :)

Our friends Selina and Cory.

Our friends Jenny and Randy.

This one was my personal favorite. It was the Mach7 Motorsports Falcon. They said it would be sold around $200,000 when it would be produced this year.  You can't tell but it had two gaping holes in the hood. Now can you see them? It was a wild looking car. Can you see me driving this thing? Yeah, me neither.  :)  But I still thought it was cool! :)

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh I can totally see you driving that with the windows and the wind in your hair... and all the car seats jammed in the back! :) Is there even a back seat?! Haha!! looks like a fun outing! score on the free tickets!!

Mindy said...

Oh, I agree with Baba. I could totally see you driving that baby. :) Maybe there would be room for me, too. haha. That looks so fun! Griff and I used to go to a lot of expos when we were dating. They were SO fun. And I love that Jed got you free tickets. Score! What a cool employee!

Melanie Anne said...

Woo hoo!! Good job Jed!! What a nice boy and it was rewarded:) Those cars are very cool. My boys would LOVE that show!! Erin you are as cute as ever--by the way! Miss you! xoxo