Thursday, March 29, 2012

February and March 2012 highlights

Sammy loves stuffed animals. It is cute to see him excitedly find one and then tote it around for a while. He loves this yellow blanky of Eliza's too. I wish it really belonged to him so there were never disputes over it...  :) For the most part, Eliza lets him have it, and even brings it to him just because she's a sweetie. 

Jed was a 'Watch Dog' at Ben's school on February 16th.  That is when he goes to school with Ben and helps out in various classrooms all day long. It is a program geared to provide positive male role models to the students. Jed and Ben get to go on the morning 'news', and they also get to eat lunch together and do other little chores together, like bringing out the paper recycling at the end of the day.  Jed has done this twice this school year. He schedules his day on Thursdays so that he and Ben can have school pizza for lunch, which is Ben's favorite.  When Jed is the watchdog, Ben feels like a star for the day! :)  Jed is a good daddy to dedicate an entire day for Ben. :)

Ben decided to teach Eliza her letters and numbers. Here they are reviewing the numbers. She has a good handle on the letters and sounds, but numbers are a little sketchy. Ben got a bit frustrated the next day because he would teach her a number and then ask her what it was a moment later and she wouldn't be able to answer him. She started acting silly, and he threw up his hands and quit for the day. It was kind of funny to me, since sometimes I feel the same way! :) 

Little Sammy and Eliza made themselves comfortable in the row of chairs on the carpet and just sat and watched me mop the kitchen floor.  The chair to the right of Eliza has a stuffed bunny in the booster seat. Eliza got the entire row of chairs all organized with occupants in each chair, with the pillows distributed amongst them. :) 

For our activity during one of our Family Home Evenings in early March, Jed had us fill out NCAA Tournament Brackets. Of course the kids had BYU go all the way! :)

Eliza and Jed watching one of the early BYU basketball games during March Madness...

Ben had school off one day, so we made pretzels for lunch just for fun. 

Sammy wanted to play with one of the balls of dough, so I gave him some and he started to tear off pieces and eat them!   Ben and Eliza thought that was pretty funny! 

4 comments:

Brittany said...

those pictures and little snapshot moments were so fun to see!!! i especially loved the one of Eliza and Sam (and the bunny!) all set up to watch you mop!!! hahahaha!! Seriously that is so funny! What an exciting show, haha! :) But I love it because it is exactly something Gabe would do - especially getting the chairs lined up with pillows, and included his little sibling. THey are so cute at this age! and I bet it made you feel pretty good that they think you are that interesting to be around to even watch you mop! :)

I loved all the other pictures and stories too - what a fun and happy life at your house! :)

Melanie Anne said...

erin --this was a fun post! What a darling Fmaily you have! We sure miss you all!! Love you lots!

Mindy said...

That was a really fun post. I haven't looked at blogs in forever, and I loved reading this post. Your kids have all grown up so much in just the last couple of months. Especially Sammy! I thought the watch dog thing sounded really cool. Jed is AWESOME for dedicating a whole day to this! Is he really there the whole school day?! I'm so impressed. I can imagine that Ben LOVES it. I thought that Sammy eating the dough balls was cute. At least your kids didn't have a melt down when he started eating the dough balls. Jack almost pummeled poor Logan today for trying to drink the pink easter egg dye... pretty sure he would have taken one taste and figured it out himself! :) And your cleaning audience was adorable. Maybe I would feel motivated to mop my disgusting floor if I had an audience, too. :)

Jan S said...

I am so impressed that Jed spends some of his precious days off to go to Ben's school - he really is a very dedicated daddy. No wonder the kids adore him! I loved the pics of the kids - especially that where they were lined up as your mop day audience! Ha!