Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Valentines 2012

I hosted a little Valentines party for Eliza and her friends. We had a lot of fun!  We made Valentine boxes with all kinds of fun embellishments - jewels, pipe cleaners, fake flowers, stickers, foam hearts, fuzz balls, etc. While the boxes dried, we played games. Here we are playing a simple game where each child gets a turn to pick a heart out of the bag that says how we will get across the room (ie, hopping, skipping, crawling, slithering, etc).

We decorated heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink frosting and sparkles. 

My good friend, Jenny Balmforth, and Liesel. 

Eliza with her beautiful cookie. She made her Valentines bracelet at preschool at our house the week prior. 

Sammy woke up in time to join the fun.  After decorating cookies, we exchanged Valentines, which was exciting. :) We had a fun Valentines Day party!

This is Eliza at the previous week's preschool at our house. She made that pretty 'purse' Valentine for her Sunbeams teacher at church. 

4 comments:

Brittany said...

what a darling party! I love it! that is SO FUN of you to host/plan it - wow Erin! I bet Eliza had a blast. She looks so cute in that last pic - what a girly-girl, yay!! :)

Melanie Anne said...

How fun!! You are such a wonderful preschool teacher Momma!! Love you guys! xo

Mindy said...

That party looked SO fun! Seriously, what a blast. I almost feel like I should be pinning this post on pinterest so I won't forget to do this someday. You are amazing! And it looks like Eliza and her friends had a ball. PS I am also very impressed with all the things you did at preschool! :)

Jan S said...

You are such a darling mommy! The Valentines Day activities looked so fun . . . where do you find all your energy! When I was 7 months pregnant I remember just wanting to lie down like a big tired toad.