Friday, September 21, 2012

Elizabeth Park for FHE

For Family Home Evening on Monday, August 27th, we took the kids to Elizabeth Park, where we played and ate our $5 pizza dinner. :) It was a really fun outing.



We did lots of target shooting with the slingshot. We had tons of ammo with all the acorns on the ground. 


We went on a walk through the woods...


The path ended at the edge of a little river (an offshoot of the Detroit River), and Ben ended up jumping in and swimming around!  Eliza was in tears on the shore, worrying about Ben drowning.  The river wasn't deep, wide, or fast, and there was no cause for concern, but all the reassurances we gave her (even from Ben) would not make her feel better.  She finally calmed down when we called Ben to come out so we could head back. Poor sweet Eliza was not enjoying his spontaneity at all!

I absolutely love Michigan. Isn't this beautiful? 


1 comment:

Mindy said...

That last picture is absolutely picturesque! That park looks so cool. And sling shots sound like a blast. I am going to have to dig mine out. We have three oak tress and a myriad of acorns. And they WOULD be perfect ammo! I'm not sure Jack would be safe with a sling shot, but I bet he'd love it.

ERin, I can't believe how big Sammy is. He just looks like a little boy now! And I still can't help thinking of him as a baby. I just don't see him enough! He is the cutest little boy.

I love Ben's spontaneous swim! And I loved hearing about his poor conerned little sister. What cuties.