Friday, November 9, 2012

Summer's last hoorah!

 My friend, Annie Christensen, had a fun backyard water party for all the kids. She made this 'water blob', which was a big hit!



 I took the kids to the Toledo Zoo with a bunch of other moms and kids. The hippos were especially fun to watch. They can swim effortlessly and fast under the water, bounding around in big long leaps. Cool to see them so active!  (That's Eliza watching them through the window.)

 
Gotta stop off at the children's playground at the zoo. Luckily we were heading home after this, since Sam was wearing a wet shirt and a diaper after his free-for-all playtime in the wading stream. 


Sweet little Charlotte tagged along and was her usual content self.


My friend, Jenny Balmforth, and I went together to Eastern Market in downtown Detroit.  There were lots of booths of vegetables and produce, homemade salsas and hummus, whole grains and baked goods, and even homegrown mushrooms. It was a fun place to spend a morning.

The kids had fun exploring. Here are Eliza and Liesel, with Sam and Charlotte in the background. They each got to buy flavored honey sticks, too. 

2 comments:

Brittany said...

HOW FUN!! All those activities sounded wonderful! I really want to visit you sis. Darn, I was going to say next summer but you will be gone! :( But maybe you will be in Washington... you never know! jk! :)

Mindy said...

I saw that water blob on pinterest and have been dying to try it. It looks so fun! I have a similar picture of Ben in front of the hippos at the Toledo zoo. That was such a cool zoo. And a fun trip to see you! It looks like you guys lived up your summer!