Friday, August 24, 2007

4 YEARS!

Yesterday marked our 4 year anniversary. Jed always plans some surprise for me on special days like our anniversary and my birthday. He is such a fun husband! This is how our day went:
We had crepes and smoothies for breakfast, and then Jed mysteriously told me that we were leaving at 11:15am. When we loaded up the car and headed out I had no idea where we were going. Our first stop was to the Dixon's home, where Jed dropped off Benjamin to be babysat for 'a few hours'. So, we were going to have the afternoon just to ourselves! We drove to downtown Detroit, where I haven't been yet. It was fun to see all the buildings and old churches, but the traffic and tiny roads were disconcerting - I don't ever want to have to maneuver a car in that place! We parked and started walking... Jed led us down the streets until we came in sight of the TIGERS STADIUM!! We were going to a Tiger's Game!
This was the first Major Leagues game I have ever been to. It was pretty fun to see the players in real life. We had fantastic 'club member' seats, in a balcony on the first row, so we could look down on the game with a perfect view. It was awesome!
Afterward Jed told me we had dinner reservations in a few hours, so I realized this was going to be a whole day out together! We drove a short distance to Belle Isle and looked around. I wanted to go inside the conservatory (pictured below), but it had barely closed. I got a glimpse of their gardens, though. WOW. We'll be going back for sure.
















We went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Mexicantown in Detroit. We had walked through Greektown to get to the stadium, and now we were eating dinner in Mexicantown. I bet they have a little 'town' for every ethnicity. :)
On our way home Jed pulled into an A&W and ordered us a rootbeer float to share because I've been saying all week that I wanted to buy an A&W float. He is so cute!
We picked up Benjamin from the Dixon's at 7:30pm. They had had him ALL day! We totally owe them. It was so nice of them to take him for us. Jed had made all the arrangements for them to babysit him - it was so sweet.
As I came out of Benny's room after I put him to bed, I saw that Jed had set up the front room for a movie - the couch was pulled up closer to the TV and his laptop was set up with earphones so we could start a movie right away without keeping Benjamin up. We watched it on the TV and listened to it with sets of earphones! It was so fun!
From start to finish, Jed had planned every step of the day, and it was all a surprise. He had carefully planned every tiny detail: our tickets and reservations, maps of how to get to our destinations, babysitting, renting a movie... even to packing some treats for the Tigers game and packing the diaper bag for Benjamin with extra diapers, two sippy cups of milk, and a few snacks. He thought of everthing! I felt so loved! It was such a fun day, and I loved spending it with him. These past four years have been full of happiness, and I feel like we have been so blessed!

10 comments:

Jill said...

How SWEET! I am glad you had such a great day, and you look sooo cute!

jayne said...

What a great day! Happy anniversary!

Katherine said...

Wow, I have to say that I am really impressed! How nice to arrange babysitting for the whole day! What a wonderful husband you have! You guys are such a cute couple. Congratulations on four years.

Tif Sweeney said...

Happy Anniversary! What a great day! You've got a keeper! :)

Jodie B. said...

What a sweet husband! Sounds like a fun filled day! Aren't baseball games so fun!!

Melody said...

Good for him! What a fun day! I'm so glad he went to so much effort. You deserve it. Since we owe you a whole day of babysitting, I'm sorry it wasn't us fulfilling the need, but keep in mind, you have another whole day ahead of you to do whatever you want in the future. :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations. Four years, I bet it flew by. Don't you love baseball games? They're so summery. Looks like a fun day, how fun that he went all out to make it special.

Wilsons said...

GOOD JOB JED! What a fun anniversary! Congrats on 4 years!

Anonymous said...

That sounded like a blast! Good job, Jed! I am so happy that you two found each other and that you take such good care of each other...it makes a big sister feel comforted to know her baby sister is happy. Thanks, Jed!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Jed! That sounded so fun. Griff, Matt, and I went to a Tiger's game when we were living in Farmington Hills. It was so fun! I'm glad your anniversary was so great. You two really are lucky in each other.