Sunday, August 26, 2007

Now where's that umbrella?

Wow, it's rained almost every day this week. It doesn't necessarily rain all day, just for part of it. It even rained the morning of our Tigers game, but by the afternoon it was in the mid 80's.

A few days ago we had a massive storm. One moment it was a normal evening and the next moment, it went really dark and there was torrential rain, high winds, and thunder & lightening. It was awesome! Benjamin and I opened the front door to try to sit on our covered patio to watch the storm, but the rain was being driven under the awning.
My potted coleus was tipped over in the wind, and Benjamin was very concerned. He kept pointing to it and saying "uh-oh! Fell! uh-oh, Fell!" over and over. I had to tell him multiple times that it was okay, and that if I tried to go fix it, I would be soaked in a matter of milli-seconds. Still, I ended up having to drag my little boy back into the house so I could close the door, while he frantically repeated, "uh-oh! uh-oh! Fell! Fell!"

2 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

I couldn't believe this storm here either! We actually had a tornado hit just south of us! And, I thought we were rid of those! :)

Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet story. It reminds me of how Bridger gets really concerned whenever Cannon cries and has to tell us over and over "baby cry! baby cry!"!