Sunday, October 14, 2007

Scarecrow Festival


Last week Benjamin and I went to the local 'Scarecrow Festival'. We went with Christina and her kids and Anona and her boys. There was a big monster truck that I thought Benjamin would be thrilled to see and touch. He got scared when I tried to sit him on the tall tire for a picture, so I held him instead...

He really enjoyed the ponies, though. He was very excited to get to ride one, and thought going around in circles on his pony was such an adventure! Here he is on Peanut, his brown pony:
I have to add that I ruefully paid $3 to let him ride the pony in circles for a few minutes. My parents own horses and take their grandkids out on rides often, so I could just imagine them shaking their heads at the absurdity of me paying money for him to go on a silly 4 minute ride in circles. Ah well, that's what I deserve for living so far away, right Mom and Dad? :)

6 comments:

Dixon's said...

Thanks for going with us, we had a great time. I am so sorry you had to pay $6.00 I hope they gave you a picture. It cost me $3.00 per kid. You got ripped off. It was fun though.

Erin said...

Oh, that's hilarious! I guess it was only $3. For some reason I was thinking $6! Haha! So it wasn't a ripoff afterall. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks very fun! He'll be ready for a bucking bronco before you know it! :)

Anonymous said...

So fun! I wish you lived closer so I could go with you. Dad and Mom just bought new stirrups for the little kids... so next time you come Benny will be all equipped for a ride on Baldo! It was fun talking to you last night, sis. Love you.

Melissa said...

You look so good Erin! I am glad you are enjoying Wyandotte and that you are taking advatange of all the fun things to do there!

Anonymous said...

Boy, o'l Benjamin sits good in the saddle!!!!! Next summer I'll take him for a real ride!!! Grandpa