Wednesday, October 3, 2007

They Roared Their Terrible Roars

This clip is of Benjamin reciting part of "Where the Wild Things Are." When we were reading it tonight I found out that he had memorized "they roared their terrible roars, and gnashed their terrible teeth, and rolled their terrible eyes, and showed their terrible claws!" I had to try to get it on video because I thought it was pretty funny.


I also have to document Benjamin’s very first prayer, given entirely by himself with no prompting. (The “Heavenly Father” sounds more like, “Heav’ly Fa’er.”)
September 20, 2007:

Dear Heavenly Father,
Thankful Trains
Thankful for Family
Please Bless Sleep Good
Please Bless Our Family
Heavenly Father,
Thankful for Our Family
Please Bless Sleep Good
Jesus Christ, Amen

12 comments:

Melody said...

AMAZING! He's so smart!

Melanie said...

Erin, that video is so cute! He is such a smartie and I can just imagine him giving that cute prayer. What a fun stage. And I can't believe how much he looks like Jed in that video!!

Dixon's said...

How cute!! He is getting so big.

Unknown said...

He is such a cute boy!! And you are the best mom ever.

Katherine said...

So cute! I miss you guys!

valerie said...

Cute video!! Such a cute prayer too. You guys are great parents!!

rebecca said...

You're such a beautiful and wonderful mommy. Karson is sitting on my lap barely letting me type, cuz he wants to see "Enamin" again for the fifth time. I love that you are reading that book with him! It is such a great classic!!! He is the cutest!!

Tif Sweeney said...

That is sooooo cute!

Melissa said...

That was the cutest thing ever. You really are a wonderful mom!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see the video! For some reason I can't ever see the videos - bummer. Sounds so cute though. I love that book and have one for Gabe! Aunt Mindy gave it to him.

Anonymous said...

I gave it to Benny too! ... both with a "Wild Things Monster" ... who is really the prevacid monster. (Jed would have figured it out soon anyway. Haha) How crazy that I gave it to you in the hospital! Time goes so fast. I am so happy that he likes it, b/c it is one of my favorite children's books. And the prayer is so cute. What a big kid Benjamin is becoming!

Anonymous said...

This blog thingee of yours is really neat, Erin. We don't miss as much with him growing up when we can see him and your cute little family all the time!!!