Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gingerbread Houses!

Benjamin and I decorated "gingerbread" houses today with Melody and Eirik. We had so much fun! Benjamin was especially helpful with the roof, putting smarties and redhots on the dabs of frosting that I made. Near the end I wouldn't let him eat any more candy because we were about to clean up and it was time to have lunch. Well, he disappeared somewhere while Melody and I were tidying up, and when I went to find him I discovered that he had locked himself in the bathroom with a Santa-topped Pez dispenser full of candy. He had eaten every single Pez in that thing by the time I found him. The little squirt! :)
The boys had a blast, and don't their houses look awesome? Alright, fine, I mean-- Melody and I had a blast making these colorful gingerbread houses, and the boys loved being surrounded by bowls of candy!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute! They turned out so great...way to go, supermom! And that is hilarious about Ben hiding out with his candy...

Anonymous said...

Ben is a very cute, resourceful boy:). The houses turned out so cute. Lots of fun memories. L. Mom

Jill said...

How cute, great houses!

Aim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aim said...

AWWW! Gingerbread houses! I love it! They look great and so do you! No, I never check my email. hahah, I'm so lame! But I check my blog more often than that! Hurray for blogs!

www.postums.blogspot.com
love you! Merry Christmas!

love amie

ps- email me at matt's address that I sent you. I need your address for christmas cards!

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute. I love making gingerbread houses. I'm jealous :) Funny Benny!