Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ah, it's fun having a girl...

Eliza's nursery is finally complete! Michel and I put it all together this week. On her first day here, Michel helped me finish up the window valance and made the closet curtain. A few months ago she made the bumper pads. That leaves the dust ruffle, which I did almost entirely on my own - I feel so accomplished! My mom helped me get started on the valance and the dust ruffle over Thanksgiving, and talked me through some parts over the phone. Thank you Mom and Michel!!







And here is Michel holding baby Eliza last night. She left today, and I hope I make it through the weekend. To say that she has been a great help would be a gross understatement. I don't know what I would have done without her this first week back home. She took care of all of us - which probably wasn't too pleasant at times... She changed many a diarrhea diaper of Benjamin's (great timing to be sick, huh?), took Eliza whenever she was fussy at night so that I could sleep, cleaned my bathrooms... We'll see if she ever wants to come visit again. :) Anyway, I was very thankful to have her.

15 comments:

Melanie said...

The nursery looks great! The colors are perfect...I love it.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful!! I love it! You have gorgeous taste and lots of talent as well as patience to have made it all by hand. Good job sis!

Melody said...

Erin,
It is SO beautiful! I am so thrilled! And I am also so glad that the blankets that Amy and I made for you look so good in the room. I knew it was not the same style, but a very close color scheme and I hoped, but in the pictures it looks meant to be. I still can't believe we picked the same fabric. What are the chances!!!

Merianne said...

You are so lucky to have Michel as a mother in law. She has always been one of my favorite aunt's. I don't know what I'm going to do when I have a baby because my mom doesn't sew.... not one bit!

I love the colors of your nursery. Good job!

Tif Sweeney said...

Your nursery turned out so beautiful! I love it!!

Melissa said...

The bedding looks AMAZING! You did a wonderful job!

rebecca said...

I LOOOOVVVE those colors together! I've always thought you have such good taste!!

Dixon's said...

What a change from the green and blue walls. :) Everything turned our beautiful.

Stef said...

I bet you're having so much fun with a little girl :) Eliza's adorable. When you get a chance, you'll have to give me some tips for handling life w/ a 2nd baby in the home.

Jill said...

Very cute I love the room

Melanie Anne said...

Erin--it looks so darling! You have turned into quite the seamstress! I am so glad Michel could come an help you--what a sweet Mother in law you have!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I am always amazed by anyone who can sew... you, Mom, and Michel are very talented. I'm glad you love your inlaws so much. It's nice to have in-laws you love to be with, isn't it?

Katherine said...

It turned out awesome. You are so talented and an excellent decorator. I got the cutest present for Eliza! I can't wait until you get it. The only thing that's standing in our way is my disdain for the post office. :)

Kylie Walker said...

Erin, I love Eliza's room. The colors are beautiful together and the floral print is adorable. We got your baby announcement yesterday and we loved seeing the pictures of Eliza! I hope you are enjoying having your Mom there, we can't wait to see Eliza on webcam sometime SOON!

hayley said...

It looks awesome!! Way to go. I love it:)