Dad (Jed's Dad, but I call him Dad too) came to visit over the weekend so that he could be in the circle when we blessed Eliza on Sunday. We had SO MUCH FUN with him. It was sad to see him go. I always hate saying goodbye to family when they come visit. Benjamin absolutely adored Grandpa Walker. He had a blast with him. During the days leading up to his visit, I kept reminding Ben that Grandpa Walker was coming on Friday. There were many times when Benjamin ran up to me last week saying excitedly, "Grandpa's here! Grandpa's at the door!!" :) I wish he could come out more often; Benjamin sure loved playing with him.On Saturday we went to the Henry Ford Rouge Factory Tour. It’s a truck plant that is designed to allow visitors to see the process of how a Ford F150 is built. It was really cool, especially since the factory was actually in operation at the time. So we got to see the assembly line in full force. The tour took us along a walkway above the assembly line, and at one point some men looked up and saw Benjamin peering at them from above. They waved and smiled at him a few times and he waved back at them. He thought that was neat, and he's been telling me about it ever since. :) Anyway, the whole experience was pretty fun, especially with Dad there.

On Friday and Saturday nights the three of us played Canasta. It’s a really fun card game that Dad taught us. But the most enjoyable night was Sunday, when we all just talked around the kitchen table. It’s so rare to be able to just sit down and talk for hours with Dad, and I really enjoyed it.
Every morning Benjamin would wake Dad up so they could read books or play with toys… and we’re talking 6:30 in the morning! Dad was such a good sport. And he actually seemed to enjoy it, which says that he is one super grandpa!
Dad kept teasing me that I wasn’t letting him hold Eliza. He loved holding her, so he had dibs on Eliza during those periods of awake-time between feedings and naps. I wish I had more pictures of her with her sweet grandpa.
Here’s a funny picture of Benjamin sleeping underneath his bed. When Dad went to tuck him in before we all went to bed, he found Benjamin like this and thought it was pretty funny that Ben would actually crawl under his bed and fall asleep. That kid falls asleep on the ground a lot… and we often find him curled up in a fetal position on the carpet because it is cold in his room! Apparently, staying on a comfortable bed, underneath nice warm blankets, is a novel idea around here. What a funny boy. :)
On Monday morning Dad took Benny to Walmart and Petsmart to look at toys and animals, and then we all played outside with sidewalk chalk and a rocket that Dad gave him (that he is totally obsessed with now – what a great toy!). We had so much fun with Dad, and we already miss him!


On Monday morning Dad took Benny to Walmart and Petsmart to look at toys and animals, and then we all played outside with sidewalk chalk and a rocket that Dad gave him (that he is totally obsessed with now – what a great toy!). We had so much fun with Dad, and we already miss him!




4 comments:
I love the picture of Benjamin under the bed. Dad had so much fun with you guys. It is great to see pictures of the early morning reads and hear about your outings. Thanks for sharing. Love Mom (Michel)
How fun! Sounds like you all had a great time. Cute pics too!
What a sweet Grandpa! I am glad you had such a nice visit! That truck factory sounds cool! My boys would love that!
I'm so glad Jed's Dad could be there to support you all on that important day. Cute pics! It lloks like he and Ben had a great time. XO Mom
Post a Comment