
On Friday morning we went to a "Marshmallow Drop" at the park. Crazy number of people and kids there. But we had a BLAST. A real-live helicopter flew overhead and dropped a load of marshmallows, whereupon hordes of children ran to collect them. This didn't happen once, but THREE times. Granted, each 'marshmallow drop' was for a different age group, so Benny only participated once, but nevertheless, he was in HEAVEN. He has been talking about how the "blue helicopter dropped marshmallows on the grass" all weekend.
Look at that wary look on his face. He's suspiciously thinking, "Hey - what're you lookin' at? This is my marshmallow."

After collecting their marshmallows, and before redeeming the marshmallows for a 'prize' (Easter coloring book & crayons), the children got to meet the Easter Bunny. Benjamin was enthralled with the Easter Bunny, and couldn't wait to get a turn to go up and meet him. He wasn't the least bit shy and ran right up to this oversized goofy-looking rabbit and sat on its knee. Just look at that grin on his face!

After collecting their marshmallows, and before redeeming the marshmallows for a 'prize' (Easter coloring book & crayons), the children got to meet the Easter Bunny. Benjamin was enthralled with the Easter Bunny, and couldn't wait to get a turn to go up and meet him. He wasn't the least bit shy and ran right up to this oversized goofy-looking rabbit and sat on its knee. Just look at that grin on his face!






9 comments:
I LOVE the expressions on Benjamins face, what a fun day he will remember a long time. Eliza looks so cute! love Mom (Michel)
What a fun (but Weird) event!! My boys would LOVE that helicopter dropping marshmellows! That is so crazy--who came up with that idea!! Benjamin is so cute and Eliza is just precious! I miss you all! Happy Easter!
How fun! I'm a little concerned that they drop unwrapped candy, but hopefully Benny didn't sneak any bites. Happy Easter!
What a great idea. Who thinks of dropping marshmallows from a helicopter for easter? Well... they were a obviously a genius. :) That looks like one of those great oddities that become a family tradition favorite. Love you, sis.
Hi Erin,
This is Lindsay (Brooks) Burton. Ally Voye was in town over the weekend and so I went to lunch with Tahnee and Ally. Afterwards we went home and I was telling them about how I blog now. They showed me your blog and I didn't even know you had a baby girl. She is so adorable.
I hope all is well and I hope you don't mind that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. You need to open a restaurant.......
Hi Hawk. Seeing all these pictures and reading your words makes me REALLY miss you and yours, honey. Can't wait for Christmas (or maybe I'll see you sooner!!!) Dad
That sounds so fun!! Ben is such a cutie-I love the suspicious face and the pic with him happily sitting on the Easter Bunny's knee!! And Eliza is a little doll...of course! :)I'm glad you guys had a fun Easter!
How cool!!! Really, that is so much fun. Good thing they have the kiddos redeem their marshmallows for a prize!! I love Benny's outfit, he is a stud. As usual.
OK, that was sort of a weird event! It looks like Ben had a great time, though, which goes to show kids are happy with just about anything you do together!
:-)
It looked like you all had a great day. I miss you so much! XO Mom S.
Post a Comment