Saturday, May 17, 2008

family time...

We had this equation going last week....

It's raining all the time here + Jed is super busy = Our lawn is like a thick impenetrable jungle

At least it's dazzlingly green, though!
Look, Benj is getting a free ride. And Jed's back is probably breaking... He carried Benjamin around while he did the entire front and sides of the yard. And during this time I was lounging in a patio chair with my sunglasses on, holding the baby monitor and watching Jed slave away. Aaaaah, what a life.
I overheard this conversation between Jed and Benjamin today. I thought it was funny.
-
J: "What do we do with our ears?"
B: "Hear music!"
J: "What do we do with our nose?"
B: "We sneeze!"
J: "What do we do with our eyes?"
B: "Cause we see things."
J: "What do we do with our mouths?"
B: "Cause we eat things."
J: "What else do we do with our mouths?"
B: "..... Eat meat! Meat is yummy!"
J: "What do we do with our hands?"
B: "Cause we pick apples."
J: "What do we do with our feet?"
B: "Cause we walk."
J: "What do we do with our hair?"
B: "Cause we go outside."
J: "We have hair so we can go outside?" *pause* "What do we do with our hair?"
B: "Cause we comb our hair."
J: "What do we do with our elbows?"
B: "We can go 'OW!' "
-
Every Tuesday Benjamin and I go to the library along with some of our friends. Now that storytime is over, we do puzzles with the kids, pick out a dozen new books, and chat. Then we head out to the park for an hour. It's so fun, and Benjamin and I both look forward to Tuesdays every week. Here we are at the park last Tuesday, with the library in the background.
Oh yeah, and for my cute friends/family who noticed my haircut in my previous posts - Yes, I did cut off my hair. It was getting way too time consuming. :) Now that I have short hair again, I remember how much faster it is to dry it and style it. I guess this means my friends will see me wearing a ponytail less in the upcoming weeks! Won't that be a shocker!

Friday night I had a date with myself doing hair bows for Eliza. Yeah, it was so fun! I'm hooked. I've made lots of different ribbon bows and flower clips, but she doesn't seem to have any clothes to match them. Hmmmm, maybe I am working backwards here with the accessory thing....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know mowing the lawn could be so much fun :). LOVE the pictures of the mowing and reading the conversation between Ben and Jed. Elize is SO beautiful, those pictures just make me want to hold her..... so sweet. Love Mom (Michel)

Anonymous said...

P.S. tell Jed his mom thinks he should wear shoes while mowing :)

Anonymous said...

Erin, I love the bows! Also I thought the Jed Ben conversation was hilarious. All I know that is if we have to have hair to go outside Bart is in some serious trouble!

Anonymous said...

By the way I really like your hair! Short is definitely the way to go, low maintenance and cool during the summer!

TerriLyn said...

Great conversation! Benny is such a smarty and I love the bows!

Tif Sweeney said...

Love the new do!! I was wondering if you got it cut! I've been debating a cut myself these days, but I'm too chicken. You have inspired me . . . maybe I will do something this week (unless I chicken out again)!

Melanie said...

Cute post! I love Eliza's hairbows - and the conversation Ben had with Jed is hilarious. What a fun, cute family!

Ashley said...

Sooo cute, where did you find the flowers for her headbands?

Melanie Anne said...

erin--I love the headband!! I was going to have a friend show me how to do those so I could make Eliza a few. You have beat me to it! Unfortunetly my five little boys keep me so busy I don't get to do the fun little things I intend to do! Anyway--I really enjoyed the post! Benny and Jed are so cute together=--and I just love your hair! You are one hip Mom!

Brittany said...

I was going to say exactly the same thing as Mel! I was so excited to make/buy a bunch of cute bows for Eliza...of course you would do it though! You are so creative and talented! By the way, she is BEAUTIFUL! Have I said that before? :) Ben is so cute with his Daddy - what a great one he is! Your hair is darling too - LOVE it!! Wish I could come to the library and park with you!

Mindy said...

Eliza is such a darling. Love the bows. Unlike my other creative sisters, I was not even contemplating trying to make hair bows... I may have considered buying her some if I saw them in the store though. :) That is cute conversation with Jed and Ben. He is at my favorite age... they are so inquisitive and funny. Jed looked cute hauling Benny around while mowing the lawn. I'm surprised Ben's arms didn't get tired though. haha