Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stealing Toys

On Sunday, Benjamin was telling us about his day at church. This was eye-opening as to what goes on in nursery…

I bust out laughing every time I watch the part where he gets frustrated with Jed and says, “I need to tell something!!!” And I also can’t help but laugh at the part when Benjamin is walking away from Jed (right after Jed says, "What did your teacher say?"), and totally trips on Jed’s feet and disappears from the camera for a moment because he fell over. :)

Earlier this week, Benjamin said to me,“Want to color with me?”
I said, “Sure. I’ll get you some paper. Sit in your chair.”
As he was climbing into his chair he said, “Got my paper?....” and then when he saw the paper sitting there for him he said, “OH! Thank you, Mommy! You are wary nice to get paper for me!”

We checked out a book this week from the library about a duck who happens to mention, “I was born in the spring” at one point in the book. Well, this week Benjamin came out with, “I’m having a hard time, Mom… because I was born in the spring.”

Benny and I were playing catch with a foam soccer ball in the kitchen, and Benjamin was getting excited every time he caught the ball. At one point he excitedly said, “We’re being BYU! I’m BYU!”

He’s really into making up words lately. He was drawing the other day and I said, “What’s that?” and he came up with, “rabbitbonking.”
Me: “Oh… Interesting…”
Ben: “No, it’s boatankin. Wait – no, it’s mount-tainkin.”
Hmmmm…

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Funny post! I was laughing out loud during the video. So hilarious (the tripping part, especially but don't tell Ben that). And I love how matter of fact he was when he told Jed what his teacher said. I love all the tidbits about what Ben says. I wish we lived closer. My boys would love to play with him!

Anonymous said...

Oh the beauty of a sweet childs honesty :). It was fun to listen and watch :). Loved it! Love Mom (Michel)

Dixon's said...

LOL...He is so funny! I sure miss teaching him in Primary.

Mindy said...

That was so funny! I love how he told you all about his mischevious ways even down to what his teacher said. What a cutie. I am also impressed that Benjamin is knowledgable about what to do during the sacrament. You are good parents. :) It is definitely easier to understand Benny when you can see him... I was a little lost on the phone today. I miss you guys!

Jill said...

How sweet what a smart boy!

Brittany said...

That was so cute hearing about all the funny things Ben says! I'm at work so I can't hear the video...can't wait to hear it though! :)