Sunday, June 15, 2008

oh, were you tired?

Benjamin is right at that stage where he gets tired in the early afternoon and needs a nap, but if he does happen to take a nap, he doesn't get tired for bed until really late. So, this past week I've been keeping him up and then putting him to bed early. As you can see, sometimes he just gets too tired to play and ends up taking an impromptu nap! I found him like this the other day during his alone playtime. Can you believe that position? I stepped over him in order to get this picture. I took a few pictures, then stepped over him again and left, and he slept on without so much as a flicker.
I thought his expressions in these Home Depot pictures were cute. As usual, his awesome Daddy took him to do the project this month.

And here's the beauty of the family. Her latest achievement: Rolling over! She can roll from her tummy to her back now. She has been laughing a lot lately at all of Benjamin's antics. He will jump off a chair and bounce over to see if she is going to laugh, and sure enough, she laughs and laughs. Then he does it again, and again... They are a perfect pair. He performs, she laughs. It's an unstoppable combination!

7 comments:

Tif Sweeney said...

Oh my goodness, I love that picture of Benjamin sleeping! How funny!!

Mindy said...

That picture of Benjamin asleep in an awkward position reminds me of Matt. So cute! But it gives me a neck ache to look at him. :) Those home depot pics are always darling - good daddy! And Eliza is a little angel! Can't wait to come visit. I am counting down the weeks.

camille said...

I love that picture! We are going through the same phase at our house and I'm not a big fan of it! What's worse - a grouchy tired toddler during the day or one that doesn't want to go to bed at night!?!?!

Good luck! Oh, and Eliza is gorgeous (but then again, look at her mom!)

Pattie said...

Oh how cute..by the way your hair style is georgous and you and your brother look alike...

valerie said...

Oh that is the cutest picture of Ben laying over his toy sleeping!!!

Brittany said...

How adorable!Both your kids! :) I am catching up on your blog after being gone for a few weeks - you guys sure have a lot of fun!

Aubrey said...

Wow, that is an amazing position Benjamin! I like the thumb in his mouth. He is getting so big. And your little Eliza is the beauty of the family, just like her mommy.