Lately Benjamin has been saying funny things. He uses real words to describe sounds. For instance, he will say, "I will hit this bat and it will say 'SWING!'" and then he will swing the bat in the direction of the door and say, "I will say 'SLAM THE DOOR!'"
The other day he showed me a mosquito bite on his cheek and said, "One of the mosquitos eat my head. It went, 'buzz.... EAT!'"
During one of our conversations earlier in the week he said, "I can turn into a I-couch." I said, "What's an I-couch?" "It's kindof like..... a I-couch. It says, 'Ah! Eye! Eye!'"
He got an ear infection on Sunday and on Tuesday morning he said to me, "My ear hurts. My ear says, 'HURT! HURT!'"
This morning during breakfast I was telling him the story of how Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith and showed him where he hid the gold plates in the Hill Cumorah. He asked me to tell him the story again, and then at the end he said, "And then Angel Moroni went to bed. And Joseph Smith went to bed. And the gold plates, the scriptures, went to bed." I thought that was funny, because when I tell him stories at bedtime I always end with, "And then they went to bed." It's his cue that the story is over and he is going to go to bed now too. So now I guess all stories end with going to bed. :)
Just now while I was typing this he came up and said, "I'm using my bat, so I can cut the bad mens' arms off. I cut one of their arms off." Yikes. I always thought scripture stories were a little gruesome. I try to skim over the gory parts of the stories, like Ammon cutting the Lamanites' arms off, but sometimes the real story comes out! Think of David chucking a rock at Goliath, hitting him on the head and killing him, and then getting cheered for it. Hmmm... mixed message to a child, perhaps? :) Anyway, then he said to me, "I'm cut your arms off now." Then he lightly touched the bat to my arm and said, "CUT!" Then he said, "I just cut your arm off." That's just wrong. :)


6 comments:
Too funny! Kids say the funniest things! I love your blog! It will be so fun to look back on those little things he says! Your water fight video is cute! We have had our fair share of inside water fights! Good times!
That video was so cute - Ben sure has lots of fun with his Daddy! And those stories you told of him were so funny - Ben sure has a good memory! It's good and bad, right?! :)
My boys were cracking up at the water fight, but seriously, Jed, give your son a chance to fire back. He's only two! (ok, almost three)
And my boys are totally fixated on the fact that Ammon cut the wicked guys' arms off. It kind of ruins the real purpose of that story but they can't get over it. :) Ben really says the funniest things.
Cute! Jed looks like he is having a little too much fun terrorizing mom and son... maybe the arm cutting violence comes from that direction. haha. J/K. It looks like Benny was enjoying every moment of being "terrorized" by the squirt gun. You have a cute little family, sis. Love you!
Oh, I hope he didn't learn all of that sword fighting from Eirik! Those stories are so funny. That mosquito just ate my head. Mmmm tasty!
I am totally with you about the scripture stories! I'll be wondering if my boys are paying attention, then I'll read something about war or blood or swords, and they ask me to read it again. Is it just a boy thing? I hope they grow out of it!
Post a Comment