Sunday, August 24, 2008

five years

Jed and I celebrated our five year anniversary on Saturday.
Wow. Talk about a wonderful five years. This
definitely was cause for a celebration. Five years and loving each other more every day. Seriously, I am so blessed to have such a perfect husband. He's considerate, sweet, and loving. He's so fun to be around, and has the funniest sense of humor. He often has me rolling with laughter from his impersonations. Mostly impersonations of me, I'm afraid. But he's hilarious! He loves our children and looks forward to seeing them and playing with them. He loves the Lord and shows his commitment to Him in the way he lives. He inspires me in every way.
I could go on and on, but I know he is not going to like how I'm publicly praising him. I'll spare him any further embarrassment. But anyway, I feel so thankful for him and what a blessing he is to me.
We celebrated our anniversary by going to the temple and then going out to eat afterward at PF Chang's. It was such a great day. We decided that we need to spend more one-on-one time together - go on real dates more often. We love each others company. That's a really good sign after five years, huh? I guess it'll mean even more at our 10, 20, 30... year anniversaries. :)

I love you, Jed!

13 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Congrats Sterz, five years seems like a long time, but I am sure everything has been so worth it during that time!

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary Erin & Jed!!!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! I won't spoil your anniversary by telling you all the reasons my dear, sweet brother isn't perfect - just kidding, Jed. We love you both. Happy anniversary.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you two. For some reason I was a week behind on my calendar (maybe because I was gone) but I kept thinking it was next week.... yikes! We feel very blessed Jed married such a sweetie. I tell dad all the time what a great example you two are in your marriage. Love Mom Walker

Pattie said...

Happy Anniversary to a great couple..

Mindy said...

Congratulations! What a sweet entry. I'm glad you guys are so happy. You know.. if you moved to Utah, I could babysit for you so you could spend more of that one on one time together. :) PS Your skirt is cute, sis!

Brittany said...

I loved that entry! It makes me so happy to know that Jed makes you happy! :) For that reason, I feel blessed as well...my little sister is loved and happy. You have such a sweet little family! I ditto what Mindy said too...I would LOVE to babysit so you two could "date" each other more!! :)

Tif Sweeney said...

Happy Belated Anniversary!! You two are such an amazing couple!! :)

Anonymous said...

Jed - after all that praise, I feel like I should set the record straight . . . Glad ya'll had a good anniversary.

Our Family said...

congrats. i can't believe it's already been 5 years. you are so cute. is that the temple that is bloomfield hills, mi? that's where my family used to live. you guys are so cute! katie

Anonymous said...

It is one of our greatest blessings to know that our children have married such wonderful spouses. We love Jed and are so grateful he makes you happy. I know you are considerate and kind too, Erie, and do all you can to make his life happy. Happy 5th Anniversary! XO Mom

Rebecca said...

You guys are such a cute couple, Erin! I thought that from the very beginning I saw you with little Benjamin! I love how you praise him and he always finds the best ways to surprise you! I think your YW will always look back and think about you and your example. I had a special YW leader and she's one of my heroes. She was/is a great example in so many ways, has a great marriage and is a wonderful mom. I think you're probably an amazing YW president! All the best in that calling!

Melanie Anne said...

Happy Anniversary you two!! We sure love and miss you!