Well, it's official - I've been called and set apart as the Young Women President in my ward. I'll tell you, it was quite a shocker to receive this calling. I felt totally overwhelmed and inadequate to say the very least. But I've been feeling a bit more comfortable with it now that I have a great presidency called. Having counselors and a secretary to discuss stuff with and feel camaraderie with is a big lifesaver. We had a really good presidency meeting last night, and I'm starting to feel excited about getting to know our darling girls and helping them make right choices. One thing the bishop told me when he extended me this calling is that Jesus Christ loves these girls more than anyone, and has so much invested in them. I realized that if I turn to Him in this calling and seek for His guidance, He will help me because He wants this to be a success for them too - infinitely more than even I do!
I'm glad I've been working with these young women as their 2nd counselor for the past 6 months. So I already know them and have a great relationship with them.
I just have to include this clip - it's of me and a few of our young women doing a dance skit to the "Fabulous" song from High School Musical 2. Everyone was laughing about how I looked like just another young woman up there on the stage. It just cracks me up that I'm their YW President now! (I'm third from the left)
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Who would have thought?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Congrats on your new calling! I was the YW President for our ward when I was 22. I definitely felt like I was still a YW! But I absolutely loved that calling... it was my favorite one ever! The girls are amazing, and it's amazing how much you can act like a 17 year old again! I actually miss not being in YW! You'll do an amazing job! They're lucky to have you!
Cute video! You are going to do wonderfully at YW president. I think the girls love having someone they can relate to, and since you guys look the same age they totally have someone to look up to! Good luck Erin!
Wow! You do look like one of the young women in that video. your so little and cute. You will be a wonderful young women's president, sis. Good luck! I can't wait to see you this week... I am already mostly packed. See you in a few days!
Erin-I love it! You got so into it; more than the girls I think! Congrats on the new big calling. I think you will do great!
I loved that video! Ha ha! Erin, you will be great in your new calling. :)
What an awesome video! I love it! You will do great in that calling! I love the young women! They are so much fun!
Oh my gosh! You will be so good as YW President. The Lord will bless you. They will love having someone young and cool to be their president.
That is such a cute video clip! You look like you are having so much fun with the girls. I'm so excited for you Erin - you will be an INCREDIBLE president and a wonderful example to all those girls. What a perfect calling for you!
AWESOME!! LOVE the video!! You do fit right in!! I still feel that old...perhaps I act that old....but I think I am looking sadly older. =( You look great! Good job! I love that song - it is hilarious! I had to laugh thinking of it in context of you as the ring leader....wanting and needing everything Fabulous (if you were to lead withOUT the help of Him who truly is fabulous)....not that you would, it was just funny. Did that make sense? I really should end this comment. Cute video. Love those girls. Hope Personal Progress is going well.
Dad and I just watched that video and had a good laugh! That was SUCH a cute dance/skit! You are so much fun to get into things with your girls. You will be a great YW president - enjoy them and you'll just love that calling!
Post a Comment