My sister, Mindy, came to visit us this last weekend. It was SO FUN! I just loved having her over. Hanging out and chatting together was so enjoyable. It only gets THAT fun when it's a SISTER. :) It was so sweet of her to use her vacation days at work to fly out and visit us. She is expecting her first baby and it was really fun for me to see her pregnant. She is the most adorable pregnant lady I've ever seen.Mindy slept in the front room every night. The first morning after she arrived I was up feeding Eliza and heard Benny's feet scamper out of his room and down the hall. Then I heard them stop when he reached the front room. There was a very long pause. Then he came to Eliza's room and slowly opened the door. He stood there and said to me, in a very serious tone, "Mom, come with me." I asked him why, but he kept saying, "Mom, come with me." Finally I said, "What do you want to show me?" and he said, "There's a lady sleeping in our front room." Isn't that funny?! As if some strange woman had come and camped out in our living room during the night! I told him it was Aunt Mindy and he was like, "Ohhhhh..." and then he asked if he could go lay down by her. :) Luckily he wasn't too worried about the new lady sleeping in the house.
The first day she came, we went blueberry picking at a U-pick farm nearby. It was super fun. We only picked for maybe 45 minutes, and we couldhave kept going and going, but we weren't sure what we would do with any more berries! :)
Mindy brought a book for Eliza (her first My Little Pony book), and Lady & the Tramp pop-up book for Benjamin. She read them both to Benny about 25 times, and many other books too. Benjamin was constantly asking her to come into his room with him to play or read him some books. Boy, he enjoyed his weekend with his Aunt Mindy! 
Mindy hadn't seen High School Musical yet, and since it is Benjamin's and my favorite, we had her watch it with us one evening. Here's Benny dancing along to the music... in his underwear. :)
On Friday we took Mindy to the park nearby where there is a big water fountain for kids to play in. It was a little windy that day, so we headed to the playscape at the park later on, where Mindy and I both made ourselves sick by spinning around on the tire swing with Benjamin. (Honestly, I thought I would be sick all day after that.)







8 comments:
how fun! I cannot believe how much you and Mindy look alike, I totally had to do a double take! That is so funny that Benjamin likes High School Musical, I love it too! From the looks of it you may have a singer on your hands.
I can't believe how on the ball you are. It is fun to see all of those fun pictures again. It makes me lonesome for you guys! I had so much fun with you, sis. I can't wait to see you in November already.
Cute pictues! I am so sad that I wasn't able to come too! The kids look soooo cute! And I see that Eliza is wearing the dress I gave her--yeah! She looks so darling. Love you!! I acan't wait fro you to come in November too. You are more that welcome to stay with us!
That sounds like a LOT of fun! Mindy is very beautiful just like you! Sisters are pretty great aren't they.
Oh how fun! those pictures were adorable! I wish I could have been there. i talked to Mindy after she got home and after hearing about everything I told her I want to come next time with her! It is so fun to have that sister time. And I miss Eliza and Benny! That story about the "lady sleeping in the living room" was SO funny!! And Eliza is SUCH a little doll! I sure love you guys!
It was fun seeing pictures and reading about the fun time spent with Mindy. I can just see Benjamin stopping, looking at Mindy and wondering who could that be :). The kids are SO cute, I sure miss them. Love Grandma Walker
How fun! I love having sisters... they're the best! It looks like you had a great weekend! A while back you asked about why I went private...I wish I would have kept the articles I read, but I just got them off the MSN page. They just warned bloggers that people were downloading pictures of their kids and placing them on inappropriate internet sites. Especially the pictures of kids in the bathtub or in diapers. It really scared me, so that's why I decided to go private. I've loved being able to reconnect with friends when my blog was open, but it wasn't worth it to me. I'll do a search and see if I can send you anything else on it! (Sorry for the doom and gloom!) :)
Wow! Those pictures are so cute and I can see why Mindy came home saying she already missed those babies! Those last two pictures of the kids are SO cute. I wish so much I could come out again and spend time with them. I'm so glad you got to have this time with Mindy. Love you all!
Mom/Grandma S.
Post a Comment