Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hayride and Pumpkin Patch

Last weekend we went to a pumpkin patch with a big group of friends. It was very fun! When we got there we played in a child-size train, sat in an old fashioned tractor, went down slides, and Benjamin even got to drive around a tractor-bike. :)
Then we all gathered for amazing apple cider and donuts. (I don't like donuts, unless we're talking cider mill donuts - made at apple orchards and such. Those are incredible!)





After our donut break we went on a HAY RIDE to a PUMPKIN PATCH! It was fun to walk around the pumpkins. Benjamin thought it was especially fun to stomp on the rotten ones and get "pumpkin juice" on his shoes. Very gross!
Here's Benjamin showing how strong he is and trying to lift the big fat pumpkin. Arrgh!
And here he is giving me the look saying, "This is the last smile you're gonna get, Mom."

5 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

Erin--you are so adventurous! I love it! These pictures are cute! I love the pumpkin juice description! Sounds like a true boy! I cannot wait to see you and the kids next month! Yipee!

Tif Sweeney said...

It was so good to see you Erin! I am glad that you had such a great time too!! I will try to post some pics on my blog really soon, especially of the big group!

Mindy said...

Looks like so much fun! I LOVE Halloween, and i can see that it is just going to get better with kids. :) I miss you guys... can't wait for you to be here for Thanksgiving, but it will be fun to at least see Jed this weekend. PS. I'm sorry about your basil plants. That stinks!

Brittany said...

So funny! Ben is hilarious! WE went to a cornmaze with the YW and it was so fun - I want to go back with Gabe and Eric! I'm excited to see JEd today - I only wish you and the kids were with him! I'm sure he does too! :)

Jan S said...

Ben just cracks me up! Looks like fun! XOXOXO