After that we went outside and filled up our birdfeeder with birdseed so the birds could have lots of food. The boys are showing the camera the birdseed in their hands. Anyway, we also did a little craft, and we ate hardboiled eggs for a snack. The boys got to break and peel the shell off their egg, which didn't end up being a mess; however, I should have confiscated the egg yolks before they started to try to nibble on them.... THAT was definitely a mess - pieces of crumbly yellow yolk all over! :)

I jotted down some funny things that they boys said during our preschool.... At the very beginning we say a prayer while the kids are sitting around the table. Abram volunteered to give the prayer, and it went like this, "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for chairs, thank you for tables, thank you for school, thank you for sharpeners, In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." I thought it was pretty cute, especially since Abram just adores his pencil sharpener and shows it to us every preschool day. :)
At the end of reading them the book about the eggs hatching, I pointed to the nest and said, "And look! Now there are lots of little baby birds inside the nest!" Garret looked up at me excitedly and said, "I wish I had a gun, and then I could shoot them!" He had the biggest grin on his face, like that would be the nicest thing to do. It was so funny, and surprising! I think he was imagining going hunting like Nephi and bringing the bounty back for dinner, or something like that. It still makes me chuckle remembering... you never know what kinds of things are running around in their heads!
Ever since Benjamin went to Christina's house (Garret's mom) for preschool, he's been asking me if I'm strong. The first time he asked me it was because he wanted a ride on my shoulders and I said I wasn't strong enough and only Daddy can give him rides. He said, "Are you strong?" and I said, "No, Mommy's not strong." Then he said, "Oh, well, Christina is strong!" That made me feel pretty puny! Mommy is such a weakling. :) I think gets that from when Christina was showing them how to squeeze orange juice out of a cut orange, and probably said something like, "You have to be strong, like this." Since then he's asked me lots of times if I'm strong. I've been telling him lately that I am strong, and then he'll say, "Like Christina?! You're strong like Christina!" I keep thinking I need to tell her how she has become the hallmark of strength to Benjamin. :)

And now for a little Eliza update -
She is getting to be a pretty good little army crawler now. It's fun to watch her. She'll see something interesting and you can just see the determination in her as she embarks on a mission to reach that piece of paper or that ball across the room. Sadly, Benjamin will often recognize that little "I'm on a mission" army crawl she has, and will quickly run and snatch up what she was going for, and put it somewhere safe where she can't "suck on it." It's actually makes my heart go out to her - poor little thing can't play with anything interesting when Benjamin is around! Just this morning while I was exercising, Benny kept taking things that she was crawling to, and then he would throw them in his room, close the door, lock it, and then come back looking like he had just saved the world. When I asked him to find her some toys, he came back with a few tame-looking toys that he didn't mind sharing with her (toys that were completely uninteresting to him). Luckily Eliza has a mommy that will stick up for her sometimes; I insisted that Benjamin let her play with a blown-up balloon this morning, although he was very much against it!
She's been teething lately, but for the most part she's pretty happy during the day. But on some nights she may get up two or three times! Once I give her some tylenol, though, she'll sleep through the night. She's getting into a stage where she wants to be held by Mommy, and she sometimes will cry if I leave the room or even turn my back to her. I've never felt such devotion! :)
I love going into her room in the morning and lifting her out of the crib. She is such a sweetie, and loves to see me. It's so cute!


7 comments:
Fun update, Erin. Preschool sounds so fun! I bet Benjamin loves it. I wish I had that for Jackson and Walker. You are such a fun, creative mom. And little Eliza is so darling. Before you know it, she'll be able to hold her own with Benjamin and then he'll REALLY have to find places to hide his toys!
Your little preschool is such a great idea. I really need to get that going here with Luke. All those comments from those boys are EXACTLY the things Luke would say. How fun!
You have such great ideas for your preschool lessons. How fun!! I do a preschool class with Jacob and 3 other girls too. It is so much fun to teach kids at this age cause they are so eager to learn and they say the most interesting and funny things sometimes.
Preschool sounds very exciting. Garret is my kind of little boy... although I don't know about shooting baby birds. :) I can just imagine Benjamin asking you repeatedly if you are strong. So cute. And Eliza looks so darling! I really miss you guys so much.
I loved hearing about the boys antics and also our sweetheart Eliza! that is so funny that Ben protects everything in the house from her like she is a danger to be watched constantly! haha!! I love that little boy!
Cute update! Sounds like another cute day of preschool! Oh the things kids say...so entertaining. That's sweet that she gets excited to see you, that always makes your job as mommy feel so rewarding.
Hey, Erin, remember why I used to nickname you "Hawk"? You used to "fly" around the room with a cloak around your little shoulders 'kawwing' like you were some little bird starting to fly. I used to pretend to catch a mouse and hold it up by its tail like it was wiggling and give it to you like it was your dinner. You would take it in your "beak" and 'wings flapping', transport yourself to a corner of the room and 'eat it up'! Thus, the nickname: Hawk! Your preschool lesson reminded me of that. Dad
Post a Comment