We went to our church 'Trunk-or-Treat' party on Friday night. (Without Jed of course. My, I feel like he isn't in any pictures I've been posting lately. He's been here, there, and everywhere, but not home! He is very busy these days, doing lots of shifts and flying different places for different reasons. In fact, he's out of town now and as soon as he gets home he'll be going to Pittsburg for national examinations. Luckily, he has next Wed through Sat off and so we get to have him to ourselves for all the Halloween festivities! He doesn't know yet, but his time is booked with carving pumpkins as a family, getting our friend to snap some family pictures of us with the Michigan autumn colors, watching a movie with me after the kids are in bed... I can't wait for my husband to be available again!)
Well, that was a tangent. Anyway, the Trunk-or-Treat was really fun. Our friends, Dian and Troy, planned the event and it was a blast! There was a chili cookoff for dinner - I had about 10 taste-testing mini-cups on my plate. :) I brought Brittany's wonderful Jalepeno Cheddar Cornbread. Oh my, I loved it!
We had a bunch of fun stations for the primary children, which the youth were in charge of. I would have been able to enjoy them more if I hadn't been in charge of them! :) My sweet friends took care of my children while I was running around trying to get stations up and running. When everyone was going outside to do the trunk-or-treating, I was still running around- this time cleaning up the activities. Benjamin said,
"Mom, I'm going trick-or-treating!" I asked him to wait for me, but nope. He disappeared in the crowd. I found him later walking around with my friend, Anona, and her boys. I was thankful that my friend took him with her so that he could enjoy his favorite part of the night. :)
"Mom, I'm going trick-or-treating!" I asked him to wait for me, but nope. He disappeared in the crowd. I found him later walking around with my friend, Anona, and her boys. I was thankful that my friend took him with her so that he could enjoy his favorite part of the night. :)On the way home he had his bag of candy on his lap and chowed down on his loot until we pulled into the driveway. He was wasting no time. The aromas of chocolate, watermelon suckers, and tootsie rolls filled the car all the way home. :)


12 comments:
I should have kown you brought that Jalepeno Cheddar Cornbread. It was the only thing I had time to grab and eat while running around. It was fan-tab-u-lous!!!! And thank you again for the awesome kids activities! They were such a huge hit. It really made the party wonderful!
That picture of Benjamin in his costume pulling the funny face is hilarious. I wish you could have enjoyed the evening more with less responsibility but it still sounds fun. I feel mildly guilty we were able to hang out with Jed since that means you were missing your hubby! Hope you have a fun week with him back later on.
I LOVE that picture of Benjamin in the dinosaur costume. It is a classic. I missed our Halloween party tonight b/c I had to work. Bummer. Yours looked fun though! I'm glad Benny liked his candy. He was probably on a major sugar high. :)
I LOVE that picture of Benjamin in the dinosaur costume. It is a classic. I missed our Halloween party tonight b/c I had to work. Bummer. Yours looked fun though! I'm glad Benny liked his candy. He was probably on a major sugar high. :)
Look at your cute little pumpkin and dinosaur! You must be so excited to see Jed this wednesday. It looks like you've been doing tons of fun fall things with the little rascalls, they must be loving it! I tagged you on my blog today, but I will not be offended if you don't do it, I totally understand :)
I Love these pictures!! Halloween is so fun--it really is one of my favorite holidays. The kids just love dressing up and are so delighted with the hoards of candy! I miss you guys!! It was really fun to ahve Jed here!
That has got to be the cutest dinasour and pumpkin I have ever seen!! I love those fat little costumes! :) You looked adorable too. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun - that is neat that you did so much for it. You're such a fun person, Er-bear!
Well, that was the funniest picture I ahve seen in a long time (Ben in the dinosaur costume). You are a good sport and a fabulous mom!
The picture of Benjamin in his dinosaur costume is HILARIOUS and Eliza looks SO cute as a "fat" pumpkin. You should really submit that picture to some magazine that wants kids in costumes, it is the cutest picture ever. You are such a cute mom, if I had all the responsibilities on my shoulders that night I would NOT have been
smiling :). Ben looks so happy with his "stash" of goodies. Love Grandma Walker
Eliza and Benny look so cute! I hope you guys have fun halloween.Tell benny that I miss him and of course I love you to Erin.
Ok, your kids win cutest kids in a costume award! They are hilarious! I love the funny face Benjamin pulled!Too cute!
What fun Halloween costumes! It's so awesome that Benjamin is to the age now where he really understands Halloween, I bet he LOVES it! And I love all the videos you post of your kids, it's fun to see their little personalities in action!
Post a Comment