So, the women in this family are looking a little different. I've got a new haircut and Eliza has lost some of her baby-chub. About the haircut - the first day it felt, and looked, so different that I kept feeling like I was wearing a wig. :) I'm used to it now so my reflection no longer surprises me when I pass the mirror. :) Benjamin is so cute - every morning since I got it cut he says to me, "Mom, I love your hair!" It's pretty sweet.
And as for Eliza, she was really sick for two full weeks at the beginning of February. She had a fever that kept coming back, she slept ALL DAY, and she ate next to nothing. For two weeks. She lost almost a full pound, and on her little body, that's a lot! Her rolly-polly baby legs are not so rolly-polly anymore, and her face is a lot thinner. It makes me sad! I miss her big chubby legs!! But I guess losing the baby fat is inevitable. (But it's supposed to happen slowly, not because of being sick! The poor little sweetie!) But atleast she is all better now. Oh, and at the end of the two weeks I got a glimpse of two big molars poking out of her lower gums! So she was sick and teething. Poor little thing! Anyway, we are so happy to have our baby back to her smiley self. Honestly, she was really not herself for two weeks - no smiles, and her eyelids were always droopy. Now it makes me so glad that she is totally interactive and wide-eyed and happy!
Here's some pictures of her when she was sick. During the small periods of being awake, all she did was cuddle. It was actually kind of fun to cuddle her so much, but we missed her usual energetic self.

This picture was taken just before she got sick. She is so funny! She loves playing Ben's flute, and she is pretty good at it too! It cracks us all up.
She has learned the word "Mama" and it's so fun to hear her calling me. Now we just have to work on "Dada" and "Benny." Today when Jed came outside to help us in the house with the groceries, Eliza was so excited to see him, and the only thing she could say to express her excitement was "mama!" That's the first time she has called Jed "mama" and it was so cute!



17 comments:
I'm so glad she is feeling better. There is nothing worse than little babies with fevers that won't go away! AND I LOVE your haircut! It's so cute, but anything looks cute on you!
Love, Katie
Erie, your hair is darling! I love it. When did you get it done? Who did it for you? No wonder Benny keeps telling you he loves it... it is really cute. :)
I love that first picture of you and Eliza. She looks so beautiful (and so do you, of course... like mother like daughter). That makes me sad she has been sick, poor baby. Jack has been sick this past week, too. It breaks my heart every time I hear that horrible coughing coming out of such a tiny body.
I love that Eliza says "Mama"! I can't wait to hear Jack say it. That was funny how she called Jed "mama" though. Gabe has been talking a steady stream lately. Has Baba already told you about it? Seriously, he was naming everything and everyone last weekend. I'll be sitting there listening to him saying what I think is gibberish, and all of the sudden I realize he is talking! Jack is "bebe daks". It is pretty cute.
I have to say, the hair looks great on you!
I LOVE your new do! You look so classy...
She has lost some cheekage! And your hair is adorable, I love it. I think it makes you look even more like your sisters somehow.
Erin, you look like a new woman! I love your hair - so different and beautiful.
Glad Eliza is feeling better!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new hair do!! It is darling! I am so glad that Eliza is feeling better. She is as darling as ever--and that is so fun that she is saying Mama! Our little Eliza is growing up!! Love you!
OH MY GOSH, YOU LOOK LIKE A MODEL!!!!! I am not exaggerating! You are a knock out! Wow - I LOVE the hair cut - it is perfect on you! Little Eliza does look a little thinner. I had no idea she was sick for 2 weeks! those pics of her sick were so sad - poor baby! I wish I could have come over to cuddle her a little! :) That is great that she is saying Mama now - how fun! I can't believe how fast she is growing... well all the kids! We need to see you again soon!! Love you!
You are so beautiful!!! I absolutely love your haircut! (You'd be beautiful no matter what!) I'm glad that Eliza is doing better! You're both so cute!
love your hair Erin! Sick babies are no fun, I'm glad to hear your little cute is feeling better.
I love your hair! It looks so good. I'm glad your baby is doing better. Mine little one has been sick with RSV and was actually hosptitalized for two days. She's better now too, but I feel your pain. No fun.
Love your new haircut! I"m glad to hear that Eliza is feeling better and has two new teeth to boot!
Hi Hawk. As I was reading the comments Baba's took the words out of my mouth. . ."model"!!! You and Eliza look GREAT honey.
Love you darl'n. Dad
Wow! I love that haircut on you! You look so stylish. Poor little Eliza. I am so glad she well again - she DOES look thinner, but darling still. I miss you! XOXOX
Love the hair, very cute!
cute hair style...its nice to hear from you ...things are settling down a bit now....i hope...i cant believe how big your sweet kids are getting..i do check your blog all the time and sometime i i dont leave comments....thanks for stopping by.
You are a hot momma!!! It's so sad when kids are sick. I'm glad Eliza is well again, she is so cute. She looks so much like Benny.
I heard you'll be staying in Wyandotte, right? Good for you!!
Post a Comment