Saturday, May 9, 2009

Niagara Falls


I have actually seen Niagara Falls with my own eyes.  And I have to say it is incredible. The Horseshoe Falls are amazing. You can't even see where the waterfall lands because there is so much water spraying up from the impact. It was so neat!  These pictures were all taken on Jed's birthday, which was a cool way to spend his 30th.  :)














In case you need a closeup on Benjamin's goofy face...
























Below is a picture of Eliza and I in front of the horseshow falls. There is so much water going over those falls; it is incredible! Benjamin wasn't that impressed. He just kept asking when we could go back to the waterpark...


Our favorite thing about our trip to Niagara was the FUN indoor waterpark we spent all our free time at. It was SO FUN! fun fun fun!  There was a big playscape for children with lots of paths and slides and water toys every direction. Benjamin had a BLAST. and that's an understatement. 
There was a little baby area too, with heated water where we played with Eliza. She liked to just sit in the water and slap the water around her. It was fun to watch the simple pleasures of a baby.  :)
Let's see... there were also a ton of tube and non-tube slides for adults that Jed and I went on, while Gage and Christina watched all our kids. Jed succeeded in sneaking Benjamin on the tube slides a few times before getting caught and turned away.  :)  And lastly, there was a big wave pool that we hung out in. It was so much fun. I can't wait to go back. 












































At the end of the day we went out to the Rainforest Cafe. It is a restaurant with animated animals in the jungle all around the tables. It was a fun atmosphere, and the kids loved it! (which made up for the food I guess! :P) 
The restaurant was located on the coolest tourist strip. We stayed on the Canada side of the Falls, and there is a street going down to the water that is completely touristy, with flashing lights and wax museums, Ripley's believe-it-or-not museum, moving theaters, multiple haunted houses (for some reason - must be a popular past time year round?), Guiness Book of World Records museum.... It was so fun to walk around! 

7 comments:

Melanie said...

What a fun vacation! I loved all the pictures. Ben's silly face cracked me up.

Brittany said...

I LOVEd that post! Ben's face was hilarious (so was Eliza's!!) - you and Jed looked happy at least!! That sounds like such a neat trip. I would love to see Niagara. The waterpark sounded like a blast too! I have been to 2 Rainforest cafes - in Vegas it's not good but in Orlando it was awesome! But it is a fun atmosphere for kids! Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

All of those things look like SO much fun! Niagra Falls would be amazing! I also love the rainforest Cafe I think it is such a fun place to eat. I am so glad you posted I couldn't wait to see pics of your trip.

Melanie Anne said...

Wow Erin what an amazing trip!! YOu have a such a darling family!! happy 30th Jed!!

The Hobson Clan said...

How fun! I'm jealous! Aaron and I are dying to go to New York. The water park looks like a blast. I'd love to take my kids there. Erin, you hair is so cute! Happy Birthday, Jed!

Missy

Mindy said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Niagra Falls! It is just one of those things you have to see in your lifetime. Benjamin's face was so cute in that picture. It reminded me of that Halloween picture of him in his dinosaur costume. It made me chuckle. The waterpark looked awesome, too. No wonder Ben was such a fan! And your hair still looks so cute. Are your bangs a pain? I remember I hated mine when I had them, but seeing how cute yours are makes me consider them again...

Anonymous said...

wow you are muscley
s.c.