Sunday, July 12, 2009

Horseback Riding

While we were visiting family in Utah, we took the horses out for a ride in the mountains. WOW, it is gorgeous country in Utah. I realize how much I miss the scenery and the majestic mountains when I see them again. They are breath taking.
Matt and my Dad took Brittany and I on a beautiful trail in the canyon. They have Missouri Foxtrotters and they are beautiful and smooth horses. I love them! Isn't Matt and his palomino especially handsome?












































Before our horse back ride we went to my parents' new house to do some yardwork. Yes, if you grew up with me you will be interested to know that my parents just moved out of Sandy and into a new home in Highland. It's sad to say goodbye to the house I grew up in, but they will turn this new yard into a Garden of Eden just like our last yard. And, of course, with my Mom's impeccable style, the house will be beautiful too. :) (I'm totally serious, my Mom has fantastic style. I wish she lived closer to me and could be my interior decorator!)


And lastly, a movie for your viewing pleasure. :) Dad was feeding Eliza little bites of vanilla icecream, and boy, was she loving it! He was taking turns: a spoonful for him, a spoonful for her. We were all cracking up because he would get a spoonful for himself and eat it (without even slightly acting like he was going to give it to her), but as he brought it up past her she would totally open her mouth and lean for it. It was hilarious.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

That's cute. I loved that video. And I loved all the pics on the horses. Matt looks awesome on Rio, I agree! I love riding those horses. :)

Jessica said...

Erin: I live in Highland! I wonder if we live near your parents. Did you hear Jen (Schow) Muir is expecting? We are all excited for her.

Melanie Anne said...

That video is so cute! I remember how funny that was. And your horseback ride looks awesome!!

Melody said...

That looks like so much fun! And to not even do it just for the kids looks like even more fun.

Seriously, thank you so much for today! It was such a blessing. thank you thank you!

Jill said...

That makes me miss UTah so much, it looks like you had a blast. I love your hair, it is so cute!

Brittany said...

What gorgeous pictures! That reminded my how much fun we had while you were visiting! I am so happy that I had that opportunity to spend time with you before we moved - thank you so much for coming out early! The video of Dad and Eliza is so funny!! She is just a doll - I miss her! I love being able to look at your blog now - it has been tough not having internet for 2 whole weeks! :)

Amy said...

What beautiful pictures Erin! I love that ride. Thanks for going with Matt As you know, he LOVES seeing his family and friends enjoy the horses. And that video of Eliza is so funny!

Marnie said...

Erin, it was so fun to see you while you were in Utah. Your kids are even more precious in person. What a sweet family you have!