
For Christmas Eve we went over to our friends' house and enjoyed the evening together. Since we weren't able to be with family this Christmas, I was very thankful that we could spend this special evening with good friends. We had a yummy dinner of Clam Chowder and french bread, and then we went down to the Christmas tree and reenacted the Nativity Story, played a fun little 'Pass-the-Gift' game, read The Polar Express, sang carols, read Christmas stories, and snacked from the homemade candy I brought to share. (My mom always has multiple trays of homemade Christmas candy and shortbread cookies sitting around during our Christmas Eve program. I couldn't help but bring some to our little party. :) )

For the reenactment of the Nativity Story, Benjamin and Eliza were designated to be Joseph and Mary.

For the reenactment of the Nativity Story, Benjamin and Eliza were designated to be Joseph and Mary. Here is Mary giving her baby a hug. She was so funny during the reenactment - she kept wandering around while the Angel was trying to prophesy to her, and so the Angel (Kaly) kept having to follow her around. :)
One of our friend's traditions is to listen to the audio storytelling of The Polar Express, while we all look at the pictures. As you can tell from below, Benjamin was absolutely ENTHRALLED. It was so cute! I didn't even know the story of The Polar Express, and it was fun to listen to it while the kids were all entranced. At the end, the children all got to ring their bells if they believed, and it was so fun! The week after Christmas I was at Pier 1 Imports and bought eight cute jingle bells and then the other day I ordered our own copy of The Polar Express and audio cd. Benjamin loved it so much that I thought this would be a tradition we will keep!




11 comments:
The pictures with Ben and Eliza under the tree is priceless. Ben looks so intent on listening to the story, that does sound like a fun tradition. It was fun to see your Christmas eve pictures and read all the things you did this year to make it special. Love Grandma Walker
P.S. Eliza's dress is beautiful!
Erin, that picture of Ben and Eliza as Mary and Joseph is priceless. All of the pictures are so cute! Oh, it just kills me we can't hang out with you guys every day. Your kids are so cute.
P.S. My kids love the Polar Express too.
Erin--what precious pictures of your children. I love the Mary and Joseph and their little christmas eve outfits are just darling! I will have to get that audio CD of Polar Express. We have the book, but I am sure the boys would love to hear it. I am sorry that enlarging your pictures didn't work. I will try to walk you thru it on the phone again. Love you!
awww there is just something special about kids reenacting the nativity story together. Makes me feel all nostalgic for my childhood. Cute pics.
love
amie
ps- i especially like the stripper pole in the middle of the room. hahaha jk
What a sweet Christmas Eve:) Your kids are just beautiful ! Can't wait to see the new addition in front of the tree with them next year:) Hope all is well:) Happy New Year:)
BTW, I love that picture of Benjamin listening to the story too: It's like he can't get enough:)
What a wonderful night! Benjamin and Eliza look so cute in the red, and as Mary and Joseph. I can't wait to have a little girl to dress. Eliza looks beautiful in her little red dress! You need to take her to get her pic taken in it, seriously! The Polar Express sounded so cute, too. Benjamin looked beyond cute watching it.
Those pictures in front of the tree are priceless. Ben and Eliza are both so beautiful! (can I say that about Ben?!:)) Eliza is so cute!! I love her hair- it's getting long! Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas Eve with friends. I love the Polar Express book too - I have read it to Gabe a lot this year. Loved the pic of Ben enthralled with the story - so cute!!
That is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Your children are so cute!
The pictures of your kiddos infront of the tree are darling. What a sweet family you have!
I just loved seeing all the CHristmas pictures. that picture of the kids in front of the Christmas tree is so sweet! Eliza gets cuter every day!
I loved the picture of Ben filling her shopping cart. He is really a corker! Thanks so much for posting all these pictures so that we can share your Christmas. I really miss you all. Just a few more months until I'll be there - can't wait!
XOXOXO Mom
Post a Comment