Monday, June 21, 2010

Fathers Day 2010


Happy Fathers Day
to the best Daddy in the whole world!
On Sunday we had a great time with Jed. He is the sweetest, funnest, most hands-on Daddy to our three children, and they all adore him. (yes, even Sam gives him the biggest smiles he's capable of.)
After church (Jed gave a talk and did a great job!) we came home and had dinner (roast, mashed potatoes & gravy and yorkshire pudding). Then we shooed Jed off to take a nice relaxing nap. While he was snoozing we 'made' wrapping paper and wrapped his Fathers Day gifts. Jed came downstairs just as we were putting the finishing touches on his wrapped gifts...

We opened his presents and the kids got to try on his new clothes...


When Jed opened up his new 'dust buster', he started sucking everyone's hair up in it. Benjamin just had to have a turn at that fun game!
Ben and I made these signs for Jed for Fathers Day last week and hid them behind the computer desk until Sunday. Eliza's sign was a colored 8x10 sheet of paper... Benjamin hid it for her, but we couldn't find it when it was time to hang them up while Daddy was taking his nap. I guess we'll come across it sometime this week!
Happy Fathers Day, Jed. I love you!

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I laughed during that whole post! First Sam's chubby cheeks, then the hair-sucking-dustbuster, then the poster that got hidden a little too well! you guys are such a cute family! Love the last pic too - the kids look so adorable! And Jed looks great in his new clothes too! :) happy fathers day Jed!

Melanie Anne said...

What a sweet Fathers Day clelbration for a super Daddy! I loved all these pics. Your children are so darling!! I love Eliza in her pretty dress in those last shots! What a doll!

Melanie Anne said...

PS
My boys did the same thing with making wrapping paper! That was a hug hit even with my older boys!