Memorial Day was Jed's last day of vacation. We had a laid back day at home, hanging out together. At one point in the early afternoon we were all in the front yard when a rain storm hit. It had been hot sunny weather all morning; Jed was taking the ski racks off his old car and putting them onto our other car and I was vacuuming out the cars. Ben and Eliza were running around the yard and Sam was hanging out in his bouncer in the shade of the garage. Within 10 minutes the sunny sky got dark and the weather went from hot to raining cats & dogs. It was weird. But also exciting. :) We scurried to get everything picked up and in the house, and we were all pretty wet when we got inside. Later in the afternoon (after a dry spell of a couple hours) Jed and Ben went outside to practice T-ball. I decided to join them after feeding Sam, planning to spread mulch on the front yard planters. When I went outside it was still overcast and was starting to lightly rain again, but I decided to do the chore anyway. Well, it quickly started raining harder but I had already committed myself... Jed helped me dump the bags and I spread it out while he and Ben hit balls... all in the rain! It was quite an exciting afternoon!
By the way, we have had SO much rain here. We even had a tornado warning last Saturday night. (I didn't find out about that until church the next morning. I didn't even stir when the tornado sirens went off in the night. Woops!)
Anyway, before dinner on Memorial Day we had our Family Home Evening activity - playing pictionary! Jed and I put a bunch of words in a cup and then we took turns drawing out a word and having the rest guess as we drew our picture. Ben and I were on our own separate teams, and Eliza and Jed were on the third team. It was such a fun activity!! (Jed always has the best ideas!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
so cute! pictionary is a great idea! we will have to try that!
Jed gets his good ideas from my dad. Dad was always thinking of fun FHE ideas! Can't wait to see you guys soon!
what a cute idea!! I love it! I wonder if we would be able to do that with Gabe... hmmmm. Cute pics of the kids! and what a fun day with all the rain! It has been raining here a TON too but it's not so exciting when it rains lightly with no change for DAYS on end!! No joke... :)
How fun!! You guys are the cutest family! I sure love you! XOXO
Sounds like an exciting Memorial Day in the rain! :) Pictionary sounds like such a great idea. I'll bet Ben was very serious and intent drawing. I can just imagine it. Then laughing hysterically once you guessed right.
What a fun Memorial Day! Sounds like crazy weather in your neck of the woods! A tornado! Geez. And your kids look like they loved pictionary. Even little Eliza looks very intent on trying to help daddy draw a dog:) she has got the cutest, curly hair just like her Mommy did!
Hey Erie! Awesome blog entries! That birthday surprise is great! Jed's so inspiring with his fun creative ideas- makes me want to buck up and start following suit. I'm really excited to see your little ones this summer sis! It feels like I haven't seen your kids for so long! It will be great!!!
Post a Comment