Friday, July 23, 2010

Ben's T-Ball

Ben played Tball this summer!
He's a cute little ball player. When he's up to bat, he gives a good swing and hits the ball off the tee. Then he takes his helmet off and drops it on the dirt carelessly and then he books it to first base, being sure to overrun the actual base. :) When he's out in the field he hustles after every ball, and I mean every ball. Regardless of where it's headed, he'll chase after it. I love that!
Still, it can get a little slow, so we saw plenty of this...
And this...
So funny!
The rules are pretty simple in Tball. You hit the ball and run to first. Only one base per batter. The last batter runs around all the bases and brings everyone home. On defense, if you get the ball, you throw it in to the coach, who puts it on the tee for the next batter. As simple as it comes. :)
It's so funny watching Benjamin out there. He's a good sport about it. Getting a treat and drink at the end is definitely a highlight of each game! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! I agree with Ben the treats and drink at the end of the game are the best! I can't wait to see you guys.

Our Family said...

I loved that picture of Ben at the top! He is getting so grown up! so funny how some kids Love sports and some are so not into it! You guys are the cutest parents down on a slip and slide! you have such a sweet little family. hope to see you guys sometime soon! love you! katie

Mel said...

Hey, we noticed that you are playing favoritism in the family picture on your blog banner. Neither Eliza nor Sam is pictured. Does Ben know he's the favorite??

Grandma is the one that pointed it out, for the record.

Mindy said...

That is so sweet! I love that first picture of Ben. We need to play some ball while he is here.

Melanie Anne said...

yeah hoo Go BEN!! How fun and the pics are sooo cute! Love you!

Jan S said...

Those pics brought back a lot of memories of seeing our kids out there on the field picking dandelions. :) Fun blog!

Aim said...

just wanted to drop you a line and say how much i've been enjoying your sister's cafe site! i made those fajitas for sunday dinner and they were ohhhhh soooo gooood!

Marnie said...

Ben looks so cute in his uniform. What a little man. It sounds like you're having an awsome summer. Love you guys!

Brittany said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious!! I loved hearing about how he plays and seeing him playing in the dirt too... hahaha!!!! What fun! I wish I could be there and see it in person! :)