Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - a visit from Grammy & Papa!

In November my parents came to Michigan to visit us for Thanksgiving. We had so much fun with them!

The kids were completely spoiled by Grammy and Papa!   They were read to and cuddled galore...



They spent lots of fun quality time together... 
cooking...

playing with toys...

 looking at Ben's Kindergarten artwork...

Dad, Mom, Eliza and I went to the Henry Ford Museum one day and saw all the big trains, classic cars, and lots lots more...
 

Eliza and Papa checking out a very huge combine...

 For Family Home Evening, we colored turkeys together. It was fun!  
 
Grammy and Papa had some sweet artistic talent! A few days after they left, Ben colored the other side of their turkeys, copying the design his grandparents made. I thought that was cute. :)

   This is Papa's:                                This is Ben's copy on the backside of his:
                            
 This is Ben's (on left) reproduction of Grammy's turkey (on right)...


Sammy was a good boy while we all colored.  He is such a sweetie.

One afternoon, my Dad started to get sleepy while he was reading to Eliza and so she let him take a nap... She tucked him in with blankets, and then started giving him her stuffed animals... From there I guess she thought he might want to snuggle with Ben's sword (see it in his hand?) and have Sam's blue bumbo seat on top of him too (??)  When Jed saw her piling toys on top of her sleeping Papa, he took a few pictures. So hilarious!

We had so much fun having them visit. We love you, Mom and Dad!

4 comments:

Jan S said...

Thank you so much for that wonderful week. We had a great time with your sweet family. It was really fun for us to spend time with the kids and get to know them better - they are darlings and we love them so much! You are the perfect hostess and have created such a sweet haven for your family. I loved all the pictures!

Kylie Walker said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas! I love all of the pictures you got.

Melanie Anne said...

What a fun time you had! Those are darling pictures! I miss Mom and Dad so much! And I miss you and your cute kiddos. I am sick that I still have not met little Sam in person. Boo hoo for me. Can we PLEASE plan a get together soon?! I love you! xoxo

Mindy said...

That last picture had me laughing out loud. THe funny thing is, I think Dad looks like he is actually still sleeping! Ben's copycat artwork is so cute, too. I saved some pictures that Connor and I drew when he was that age. He kept just copying all my pictures. It thought it was so cute, I couldn't throw them away and they are displayed proudly in my scrapbook now. I'm glad you guys had so much fun with Mom and Dad!