Benjamin woke up to his very first snow day on December 15th! Boy was he excited!! Jed took him out to shovel the walks first thing, and when I popped my head out the garage door, he was busily pushing the snow off our driveway. What a cutie! They both deserved a warm cup of hot chocolate when they came inside!
After lunch the four of us went outside again to play in the snow. Actually, Jed was taking the kids out and I was planning on staying inside, doing my thing and staying warm. But after a few minutes the fun of playing in the snow beckoned me out there to join them.
Jed dragged the kids around in the sled. (They are pictured here with Flat Stanley who is visiting us from Tennessee. (I think he is having a great time with us, Coleman!) :)
I've tried pulling them in the sled before, and I can't even budge them! This definitely counts for Jed's workout for the day!!
Eliza is like the boy in A Christmas Story. If she falls down, she is so bundled up that she can't get back up. :) But at least she never complains about being cold! (Thank you, Emily, for making her those amazing snow gloves that never come off! They are miracle gloves.)
I confess that after about 15 minutes I ran inside because it was SO COLD out there! Jed and the kids played in the snow for quite a while longer. What a good daddy they have. Seriously, he is one of a kind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I can't wait to show Coleman flat stanley sledding with Ben and Eliza!! He will love that! What a fun snow day! Jed is a super Daddy! Love you guys! xoxo
So cute! Ok, so did you make your cute headband?? Ryleigh loves the ones that go on like that! Also Eliza's gloves were they made by Emily Downey?? Love it!!
That looks like such a fun day! I loved the picture of them on the sled with stanley. I imagine Coleman WILL love that. :) Like I said, I've been dying to play with Jack in the snow. I'm hoping we can make it up to Griff's cabin sometime soon since all we have little clumps of grey snow here right now.
Post a Comment