Friday, March 18, 2011

Walker Family Movie Night : BOLT

Ben had to stay home from school last Friday because he had been sick in the night. He woke up feeling great, but still had to stay home for the day. It was a bummer to miss school (and Parent Hour) and have a boring day at home instead, so that evening we borrowed the movie Bolt and had a Walker Family Movie Night!  The kids were very excited!  We rarely watch movies - now that Ben is in school all day he doesn't have time, and Eliza doesn't beg me for them (yet), so this was a special event!  I made popcorn and cookies and personalized their plastic cups with pictures of Bolt the Super Dog. :)   We hadn't seen it since we took Ben to it in the theater a long time ago, so it was like our first time again. We had a great time, and it's such a cute movie. :)

Sammy hung out with us for a little while until it became is bedtime and he signed out. :)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

This sounds so fun. I love movie nights. Right now Jack is really into "All Dogs Go to Heaven." But Bolt gets chosen occasionally, too. I have to admit, I get teary eyed every time at the end when Bolt saves Penny. Griff thinks it is hilarious. But I gotta admit, I love the end of that movie! :)

Brittany said...

We love the movie Bolt! and we love familiy movie night too - Gabe gets thrilled with the idea of eating popcorn and having us watching the movie with him! (once when Eric was checking email on his phone during a movie, Gabe immediately noticed, asked him to put the phone down, then when Eric wasn't quick enough he said "if you don't put your phone down Daddy, I'm going to take it!" :) It was SOOOO funny!!)