Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Detroit Symphony

Jed took me to the Detroit Symphony on April 30th. It was 'Disney in Concert', and we thought it would be fun that we would already be familiar with the music being played. Boy were we in for a treat! It wasn't just the concert symphony playing, it was a full SHOW!  They had a big screen that showed pictures of the movies being played, and they had four fantastic singers who sang the songs and entertained us all. They even had us sing along with some of the songs.  It was SO FUN!  I think my favorite was the monkey song "I want to be like you" from The Jungle Book - normally I don't particularly even like that song, but the singers were getting so into it, I could have jumped up and started dancing along with them! :)  They played music from The Little Mermaid, Pocahontas, The Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean (just the orchestra on that and it was phenomenal), The Jungle Book, Mary Poppins, Beauty and the Beast... and a few more that I don't recall right now. I can't even tell you what a great time we had!  There is another concert in June called "Blockbuster Hits" and I want to go to that too. :)

The Concert Hall was very beautiful. I had to take a picture that included the ceiling and walls.

What an exciting date!  I love going out with Jed on different and unusual dates like this. It was SO FUN! I have the sweetest husband in the world who treats me to special excursions like the Symphony. :)

6 comments:

Melanie Anne said...

What a delightful date!! i would have loved that too! And by the way --You look gorgeous Erin:)xoxo

Brittany said...

Wow how FUN!! Eric and I have been to the symphony here a few times but nothing quite like that! :) What a fun idea!!

Kylie Walker said...

I love all of the fun you guys have been having lately! You two deserve it!

Mindy said...

That looks so fun! Griff took me to the Symphony once, and we had such a fun time. I love the sing-alongs, too. Glad you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

did you guys watch cars 2

Jan S said...

What a fun date! That sounds like the perfect night out to me. You are a darling couple :)