Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chicken Saltimbocca & Lemon Blueberry Biscuits

Last night I made Chicken Saltimbocca for dinner. That's Lisa's recipe from the SAA 2nd Edition cookbook. It was DELICIOUS. Jed and I both really liked it. I also made Lemon Blueberry Biscuits with a fresh lemon glaze:These were soooo good. Jed and I couldn't stop eating them. They had Yoplait lemon yogurt and fresh lemon zest in them. So delicious! In fact, I'll just post the recipe below.

I also served garden fresh green beans. My friend went out of town this weekend and told me I could pick her green beans on Saturday and Monday. She has four rows of beans, so the three of us have been feasting on them all weekend. They are delicious. I think I'll plant some green beans at our new place next summer. Problem is, when I pick green beans I always get itchy hives up my arms, where my skin touches the leaves. I remember that happening to me when I used to pick the beans in our garden when I was growing up; it wasn't until recently that I realized that not everyone gets a rash when they pick green beans! I totally could have used my allergy as an excuse to get out of picking beans in the hot sun when I was growing up... I wish I would have found out about this earlier! :)

Lemon Blueberry Biscuits

2 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1 carton (8-oz) lemon yogurt
1 egg, lightly beaten
¼ c. melted butter or margarine
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

Glaze (I might make 1 ½ times this recipe next time):
½ c. confectioners’ sugar
1 T. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp grated lemon peel

In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Combine yogurt, egg, butter and lemon peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Drop by spoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm biscuits. Makes 12-15 biscuits.

5 comments:

jayne said...

Thanks for the recipe---I think my kids will love these muffins!

Katherine said...

Oh my, those biscuits look DELICIOUS. I tried Lisa's recipe too and I loved it. You know what else you would like? The stuffed chicken breasts that Melody submitted for Eugena. THose are REALLY GOOD.

Jill said...

Both recipes look AWESOME!

Merianne said...

Wow! What an amazing cook! I can't wait until I have kids so I can be at home to make yummy things. Right now my meals consist of Costco pizza and Mac & Cheese! :)

jayne said...

Okay, I want to change my post from "muffins" to "biscuits"! I'm such a loser......Anyway, I made these biscuits this morning and wow I love them! (Especially using real lemons!)