Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Braving the Michigan plague

Today was such a beautiful day! Not burning hot like it was when we first moved in. We've been enjoying cooler cloudy days, which make playing outside much more enjoyable. Except for the mosquitoes. I never knew the meaning of mosquitoes until I moved to Michigan. When you walk on the grass you are immediately enveloped in a CLOUD of mosquitoes. The first time we spent time outside I sprayed my arms, but when Jed told me to spray my ankles I thought, "nah, I'll be fine." I am still suffering from about 10 red dime-sized mosquito bites all over my ankles. What's even sadder is that Benjamin got a huge mosquito bite just under his right eye, and his eye/cheek is all puffy and red now. Not to mention the other bites on his legs. He calls them something like 'see-goo bites'. This place breeds mosquitoes!

5 comments:

Melody said...

Erin is not kidding. I was about to blog about this very thing! We love to go play outside, but we are swatting away the swarms constantly. This gives a whole new meaning to "mosquito repellent". It's as important here as lipstick. ha ha...

Jill said...

SO cute I love how they are completely identical in their body position :)

valerie said...

The mosquitos have found us too. For some reason they always go for the ankles. It looks like your family has a great place and a nice yard for Ben!!

Anonymous said...

adorable picture! ben looks so light compared to dark-haired jed!

Anonymous said...

Agreed... the picture is adorable.