Today Jed and I received a joint calling for our new ward...
NURSERY LEADERS!
We had a suspicion that we would be called to the Primary in some way... Positively thinking, I think it will be fun to teach the little toddlers about Jesus, and interact with them. Having my own son at that age makes it a more exciting calling, because I know how much they are learning and taking in. And they are all so cute!
Before I even knew of the calling, I was simulating a bit of nursery at home... On Saturday, Benjamin and I made crafts that would help him learn some Primary songs. We colored stars with yellow crayons, cut them out, and taped them to the ends of chopsticks and used them to sing "I am like a Star Shining Brightly." We also made a little sun out of a
styrofoam plate and used it to sing "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam." Benjamin looked so adorable with his little sun around his face that I had to get out the camera. When I said, "Smile!" he gave me his classic scowling face:

What a little ray of sunshine! Hahaha! I promise he was actually having fun!
He really enjoys singing primary songs. Before he goes to sleep I always sing him some songs. He sometimes tries to sing along with some of them, and he is good at the actions for "I'm so glad when Daddy comes home." Lately he's been saying, "Jesus! Jesus!" to ask me to sing a song about Jesus. If I start a song that doesn't actually have the word 'Jesus' in it, he will interrupt me with "No, Jesus!" Recently, even if I start singing a song about Jesus, he will interrupt me with "No, Jesus baptized!" Yeah, for some reason his all-time favorite song is the one that goes, "Jesus came to John the Baptist in Judea long ago..." I'm not sure why he is so attached to that one, but whatever!
9 comments:
That picture is classic! What a great mom you are! Wow, nursery. And you are excited about it. Double wow You'll be an awesome nursery leader.
what a cute picture of your little boy its one to share with his future dates. glad your enjoying MI
I LOVE that picture of Benjamin. It makes me laugh, cuz I have never seen him with that look. Usually he's smily :) You are such a fun mommy!!! You are going to be so good with all those cute little nursery kids!
Have fun in your calling, Benny is such a smart boy!
Congrats on your new calling. Nursery is such a fun place. You both will be great teachers!!
We are SOOO excited you will be in nursery! That is SUCH an important calling! I should start praying now Lauren gets in your class! ;)
You guys will do great! You are such fun parents, the kids will love you guys!
that picture is absolutely hilarious! Ben is adorable. So...I'm trying to imagine you in nursery, Jed...it's pretty funny! :)
That picture is hilarious, Baba's right! He is just so cute. Erin, as usual I am eternally impressed with all the wonderful things you do. It will be fun when I am in that stage of life.
Post a Comment