Thursday, October 25, 2007

"sad pun-kin, happy pun-kin!"


On Monday of this week we went to the grocery store and picked out pumpkins to carve. That night for Family Home Evening we carved our pumpkins with Benjamin. He had fun fitting the tops on the Jack-o-lanterns; in fact, I could hardly empty out a spoonful of pumpkin insides without him trying to cover up the hole with the lid.
I carved a happy pumpkin and Jed made a sad one (see the pumpkin-seed tear?). Benjamin is always talking about the happy and sad pumpkins, and now sometimes when he is playing with toys he'll bring me one of his trucks or blocks and say it is sad. Thanks a lot, Jed!



6 comments:

Ally Voye said...

how fun! benjamin is such a cutie! give my love to your family!

Anonymous said...

What great memories .... Jed always carved the "untraditional" pumpkin growning up .... I'll have to search out some pictures and show you a few of his "creations." Love Mom (Michel)

Tif Sweeney said...

How fun! I can't believe how big Benjamin has gotten since the last I seen him! That cutie is growing up so fast!

Jill said...

How cute! I love your new layout very very very cute ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks fun. Remember how much fun it was to sketch out your pumpkin face on paper... then dad would do his best to carve it into the pumpkin? Those are fun memories.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute...he is learning sympathy from carving pumpkins!