Today we went downtown to the Detroit Institute of Art. It was their Grand Opening (after having been closed for renovations) and the admission was FREE. Score! We thought it was going to be super crowded, but it really wasn't too bad at all. The museum is beautiful, and we were able to walk through the Native American, Ancient Greek & Roman, Renaissance, and American Galleries. Even so, we only scratched the surface. It was a fun excursion.


This evening we put up all our Christmas decorations! Sometimes this is a bit overwhelming for me, but with my mom's help we got it all up in record time. Jed put on some Christmas music for us to add to the holiday spirit. Before I knew it, the clock said it was quarter to 9:00 and Benny was still awake and running around! Before we put him to bed, Mom gave him some Christmas pajamas because today is the first day of the Christmas season. He looked so cute in his reindeer pajamas that we had to take a few family pictures in front of our twinkling Christmas tree.


6 comments:
So fun that your parents are there! Love the Christmas decorations and Ben's new pajamas. Cute!
I'm so glad your parents flew out for the Holiday. What a gift. And I love that your Christmas tree is already stocked with presents. Good luck keepin' them wrapped :)
I'm so happy that Mom and Dad got to be with you for the holidays! Looks like a lot of fun too!
Wow--I am impressed with all the gifts that are already under your tree! I am so glad Mom and Dad got to come! Benny looks so cute in his new PJs! Love you!
How fun to have family! I can't believe your tree is already up with so many presents! Would you believe I haven't even bought a single present? Erin, I needed you to rub off on me a little more while you were here in Kirksville! Miss you!
There are more gifts than tree in that picture... what a score! :) It looks like you had so much fun! I want to go to that museum when I come out if you think it was worth it.
Post a Comment