Sunday, March 9, 2008

Eliza's Baby Blessing

Today was Eliza's baby blessing at church. Jed gave her a beautiful blessing; it made me a little teary. She wore the blessing dress that I wore when I was blessed as a baby. My Grandma Rice bought it for her granddaughters to be blessed in, and now her very first great-granddaughter has been blessed in it. Eliza looked so pretty in that beautiful white dress!
Jed's dad, Ryan, came in town for the weekend so he could join the circle in her blessing. (We have had so much fun with him. I'll post some pictures later.) It was really neat to have him there for the blessing today. The guys said Eliza was really alert the whole time, just looking up at them all. They also told me that they almost dropped her during the blessing. She was slipping, slipping, and finally Ryan took his hand off the bishop's shoulder so he could grab her. Yikes! That would have been a downer on her blessing day... :)
She is wearing a tiny crystal baby bracelet that Michel (Jed's mom) made for her. It is so dainty and lovely. Michel made me one that matches, and I was wearing it although you can't see it in the pictures.



Her pretty pink blanket is from my friend, Teri. It has roses imprinted in the fabric, and it's really soft and feminine. Thanks Teri!

10 comments:

TerriLyn said...

What a special day! Eliza looks beautiful. How sweet that she is wearing the dress you wore when you were blessed Erin!!! Perfect.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there with dad for Eliza's special day. THANKS so much for sharing the pictures of her blessing day. It is so neat that she wore the same blessing dress that you wore. What a special tradition. Love MOM

Dixon's said...

You have such a beautiful family. I love the dress, what a fun tradition.

Melanie Anne said...

What a beautiful family you make!1 Eliza looks so precious!! Wish we could have been there too! we sure love and miss you!

Brittany said...

I can't believe I didn't know you were blessing her yesterday!!!! I wish so much we could have come. I love baby blessings, they are so spiritual. You and Jed look great with her...what a great looking family you are! (I know how cute Ben is even though he isn't in the pic!!:))

Kylie Walker said...

I am so glad that Ryan could come to the blessing. Your pictures together are really cute! Eliza looks so adorable! I can't believe she is already 9 weeks.

valerie said...

Beautiful pictures Erin! It sounds like it was a wonderful day for your family. Eliza's dress is so pretty. That is neat that it was your blessing dress when you were a baby.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

First of all, you look GORGEOUS TOO!! We know where Eliza gets her beauty - as if we couldn't tell before. ;) I love the matching mommy n me bracelets! SO sweet. What great family pictures! So glad I could be there. Lauren kept saying, "Baby, pray"

Mindy said...

Sis... I love the pictures! She is beautiful, just beautiful. I had to laugh at the way Jed's dad was holding Benny in the baby blessing picture, too. It is so cute. It reminds me of Griff holding Connor when he was that age. It is like they think they don't look manly if they just sling them on their hip. :) Although, neither of them are the type that worry about how they "look," eh?

Unknown said...

Such a special, happy day!! You all look so great. That is so neat your dress has a legacy like it does. Beautiful!!