Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day


On Memorial Day we went on a big family bikeride and picnic to a metropark. We went with two other families and it was such a blast! Between the three families, we had 6 adults, 5 children on bikes (including a 3 year old), and four little ones distributed among three bike trailers. :) Eliza was strapped in her carseat and sitting in the bike trailer pulled by Jed. And Benny and his friend Abram were sitting together in a trailer - just behind Jed in the picture.

After the bikeride we had a picnic, and then we explored the nature center (and saw lots of cool turtles there). Then the kids had fun skipping rocks, and just throwing handfuls of rocks, into the water. What is it with throwing rocks in the water that can keep Benjamin occupied and having fun for hours on end? He kept jumping off the dock, just where the water lapped on the rocks, and once he fell back and soaked his pants. So we took them off, and laughed as his little bare white legs were seen running back and forth on the dock as he worked on eliminating rocks from the shore, one handful at a time. :)





6 comments:

Melanie said...

I hear you on the rocks thing. I can bribe both the older boys to do ANYTHING by saying, "we can go throw rocks in the river."

Brittany said...

What cute pictures! That was so cute about Ben "eliminating rocks one handful at a time"!! Haha! Looks like a lot of fun!

valerie said...

Great pictures Erin. We love going to the Metro parks around here too! What a fun way to spend Memorial Day. I bet Ben had a blast bike riding!!

Melissa said...

Hey Erin! Cute pics. Eliza is just a doll, and makes the same facial expressions that Ben does. It is cute.
The site is www.blurb.com. They do what is called blog to book. You download the software to create the book on your computer, which is free. I am having a little trouble with it though, it can't find my blog b/c it says that my blog doesn't use my google account or something, but it does... Hopefully this doesn't happen to you. I am going to ask a few people about it. If you have any other questions, let me know!
I am excited to see you guys this summer, hopefully we wil be able to get together. :)

Anonymous said...

Boys and rocks, they never grow out of them. Granpa Walker STILL loves to skip rocks at 54 :). Loved the pics and hearing about your outing. Love Grandma (Michel)

TerriLyn said...

Erin, fun trip!! I love that you all got to ride bikes to go on a picnic. That is so perfect for memorial day weekend.
So about that board that I put all of Tabitha's bows on...I saw that Lisa had one for her little girl's bows and she said she got it at Kohls I think. I then thought I would make one like you were thinking about doing and then I found one at a yard sale for like .50 cents. I could pass it up. Later I found some at dollar general here in Kirksville! I don't know what they are called but you could probably find one out there. If you made it I would just use plywood I guess and staple the fabric on with some batting underneath it. Good luck! They are fantastic to have for bows though! I'm so glad that you are having such a fun time making them. :-) Sorry about the long comment. I could have just emailed you!!