Monday, June 2, 2008

Parade!


We went to a city celebration last Saturday with two other families. (The same families we went on the Memorial Day bikeride with.) It was such a fun day! The kids loved the parade. When the Firetrucks came blaring by, Benny covered his ears. :) There were lots of old classic cars, drummers, police cars, firetrucks, motorized mini airplanes... And best of all - the cheap parade candy! :) Ugh! But kids love it! Benjamin hasn't had so much candy in all his life. He was going through it like there was no tomorrow... (and there wasn't. I threw it all away the next day. But he seriously had free reign on his candy bag all that day, so don't think I'm a meanie!)



Afterward, we went to the local small airport and they had a few helicopters that the kids could go inside and look at. And the navy and airforce pilots were showing the kids the equipment inside - they were so cute with the kids! Here's Benny in the cockpit - I had to do some serious bribing to get him to smile for me here.























So much fun! And here's a random 2 1/2 minute home video, for your viewing pleasure. :) The first part is a clip of our family scripture study. Benny is holding Eliza. Every now and then he will ask to hold her, and he always feels like such a good big brother when he does. It's pretty cute. The second clip is of Benjamin making Eliza laugh. Unfortunately, I didn't get any of Eliza laughing, but I did get Benjamin falling off the bed, which is pretty funny. It's right before the 1 1/2 minute mark. :)

6 comments:

McKenzie said...

Erin,

E-mail me your address . . . so I can mail you The Healthy Beef Cookbook!
=)McKenzie

Anonymous said...

What fun, parade and CANDY :). Loved the family video, Eliza is SO cute and Benjamin is hysterical.
I loved they way he was holding her on the couch and she was such a patient sister ;). Love Grandma (Michel)

Mindy said...

I loved hearing Benny say all the book of mormon stories. Do you think he even knows what "wicked" is? I love the picture of him covering his ears, too. Miss you guys! Wish we were there to hang out and do all those fun things with you. :)

Crystal said...

Hey Erin! I found your blog off of the reply to Heather Ballstaedt's email! I am glad you included it! It is fun to see how you are doing! Your little family is adorable! I had a little girl in January - she looks about the same age as yours! Too cute! Feel free to check out my blog! jc-family.blogspot.com

Crystal Putnam Cox :)

Brittany said...

Eric and I just watched that video plus the "stealing toys" one...we LOVED them!! Both of us had huge grins on our faces watching! Ben is SO funny...what a darling little boy! You guys are such wonderful parents. We were so impressed that Ben knew so much about the scriptures and the sacrament, etc. You are so inpiring to us! :)

Brittany said...

I forgot to mention how ADORABLE Eliza was in that clip. I actually got teary eyed! She is so cute and I really feel sorry for myself that I can't come over on a rainy day and hold her and hang out with you guys! :)