Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's a PARTY!

We had a FUN birthday party for Benjamin on July 11. With 10 kids running around, and 4 moms holding one baby each, how could it not be crazy fun?! :) We had an outdoor POOL party and a blow up trampoline for the kids to jump in. (See the picture below and to the right? Benny's swimsuit was falling off as he was jumping in there with a bijillion kids. haha!) Jed came home early from work so that he could join in on the mayhem. We brought out the water balloons and the kids had so much fun with them. Anona and I toiled away at the hose passing out water balloons; we couldn't keep them coming fast enough. Jed harrassed the kids to the point that they were all trying to hit him with their water balloons... until he went inside and came back with a pitcher!



Time for cake and icecream! Benjamin wanted a firetruck cake. He decided this atleast a month in advance and we had been talking about it ever since. I frosted the number 3 on the cab and B E N on the truck. He really liked that. A few days later he was telling me, "It had a 3-B-E-N for FIRETRUCK." :)




Opening his presents... This is so exciting! He's had lots of fun with his toys ever since. Thanks, everyone!



After the party, I discovered both boys in our bedroom... totally crashed. They slept until nearly 6 pm! Parties sure can wear you out! (Of course, Jed is worn out from working a ton and studying a bunch, and then coming home early that day so he could run around with a pack of kids in the back yard - he deserved a nice long nap!)

7 comments:

Mindy said...

That sounded like so much fun! I always liked helping Melanie with her kids parties. Too bad you don't live a little closer. :( I love the picture of Jed and Benny zonked on the bed together. Happy Birthday, Benny!

Dixon's said...

Thanks for the fun party. The kids had a blast.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe our Ben is already 3 years old! Wow! He such a cutie and you and JEd are FABULOUS parents. It looks like the party was so much fun . . . just wish Grandpa and I could have been there! Love, Grandma S.

Melanie said...

Fun birthday party! The firetruck cake is adorable and I love the picture of Ben hugging his little friend. Too cute.

valerie said...

Very cute cake!!! It looks like all the kids had a blast at the party!!!

Jill said...

How fun! Cute cake!

Brittany said...

What darling pictures!! Ben is such a sweetheart-I really wish we could have been there. You guys are such fun parents too! Way to go mommy and daddy - you made his day for sure!:)