Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stake Pioneer Campout

We went to the stake pioneer day family campout last weekend. It was the first camping trip I've been on with kids. It was surprisingly easy and enjoyable. Of course they both went to bed late, but for the vast majority of the time they were happy all evening, and once they were asleep (about 11:30pm) they slept all night. In fact, Benny slept in until 8am. (Granted, he woke up and snuggled beside Jed at about 6am. Sounds sweet, but it's rather uncomfortable in a sleeping bag. He's a good dad. I pretended to be asleep still. I'm a bad mom.)
Benjamin also got to shoot a bow and arrow. Just like Nephi, except Ben's bow didn't break. Atleast that's what he tells us.
We had delicious hotdogs for dinner, and lots of roasted marshmallows and smores at the campfire that night. Benny just loved running around with the other kids, playing in the tents and shooting off the little rocket launcher we brought. We also got to do the popbottle rocket in the morning, which was fun.


Here are a bunch of pictures from the big bonfire we went to that night.





















.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Our friends....
The Davises and us


The Golds and the Aanderuds

6 comments:

Mindy said...

What a fun ward. I remember going on some ward campouts as a kid, and I loved it! Our ward doesn't do any now... but that is maybe just as well, since I work either Friday or Saturday every week anyway. So I'd probably be very disappointed since I wouldn't be able to go to it all. That is awesome that you have such good campers. Brittany said Gabe screamed all night when she took him camping. Griff and I like it so much that we're hoping our kids sleep more like yours. :) I love the picture of Benjamin shooting the bow and arrow... he's concentrating so hard. Love you!

Anonymous said...

That looks like such a fun campout. Those were the BIG activities we went on as a family when we were young . . . What great memories we have! I'm glad you are building them too. Love you,
MOM S.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

Camping was "easy" with 2 little ones?!! that IS surprising! :)As long as I had a place for Gabe to scoot around in, it was great during the day. What was your trick to get everyone to sleep all night?? Maybe it is just Gabe's age-too old to adapt to such strange(and cold) surroundings in the dark and too young to think it's fun!! Wish we could have come too - love ya!!and I LOVED Ben's comment about the his bow not breaking like Nephi's! haha -what a smart little cookie!!!!

Ashley said...

Poor Aanderuds, not enough chairs to go around? :)

Ashley said...

And who's the ghost in your family picture?