Eliza is proficiently rolling around now. She is starting to explore the sounds she can make - "oooh-oooh." She is grabbing at everything, loves to eat paper, and gets stuck sometimes as she tries to roll into the furniture legs. She's on a great schedule. She takes 3 naps a day. She has her 'dinner' sometime between 7pm - 7:45pm, and then goes to bed about 1 hour later. She sleeps until about 7am - 7:30am in the morning. I love it.
Jed had to change the breakpads on the car the other morning, and of course he had his devoted helper out there with him. He is Jed's official sidekick. Benjamin is becoming more and more self sufficient. For instance, he just noticed a magazine on the table and declared, "I need some scissors so I can open this, Mom." Then he got out the big pair of scissors himself. Hmmmmm.... I traded him for some kid-scissors. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. He can dress himself (underwear put on backwards still counts), get out of the house himself if it's not locked, strap himself into his carseat, help himself to food from the fridge, 'read' to himself... He's actually really good at entertaining himself in general. His favorite is when Jed and I both hang out in his room. He loves having us in his room - he shows us his toys and how he can run fast from here to there... It's cute.
Our two morning cuties. Don't you love that strangled look on Eliza's face? haha! She's used to the uncomfortable hugs from her big brother. :)




8 comments:
I'm always missing you guys, but when I see your blog I really get homesick for you. Counting the days til Thanksgiving!!! Dad S
So cute! I love the last picture of Eliza in a choke hold the best. I am really getting so excited to come see you guys next week, sis. I miss you!
Oh my gosh, you had me laughing! The scissors,the underwear on backwards, and the strangle-hug... Ben is SO cute! Eliza is just growing up - rolling everywhere and "talking"?! Wow! What a cutie pie. and I'm so glad about her nice schedule - that is the best!
Now here is the cutest little girl I have EVER seen!! Seriously--i just love all these pictures. Way to go Benny on potty training! Yipee! Eliza looks so cute in her little bumbo getting her first taste of solids. You are such a cute Mom Erin--you children are sure lucky to have you and Jed for parents! Love you!
I haven't had computer access for over a week so it was so FUN to see your updates. Loved the "strangle hugs", undies on the head for Benjamin, CUTE Eliza, and hearing about the fun activities. What a neat helper Jed has, I sure wish he was close to help grandpa and grandma Walker ;).
YOu guys are such good parents. I loved reading the blog and keeping up on the news. We are SO excited to see you November . . . counting the days!!! XOXO Mom S.
Aww your kiddos are so cute...i cant believe how fast they are growing up...it looks like your having a great summer..
3 NAPS A DAY!!! Your kids are honestly THE best nappers I have EVER heard of!!! I remember when you told me Benjamin took 3 hour naps...that gives you 21 hours of daylight more than me!! WOW! Go you! I guess I won't be jealous, since you are YW PRESIDENT!! Fair trade! ;)
Post a Comment