We left for the East Coast on June 27 for a week and a half of family visiting and fun. :) We drove to New Jersey first and arrived just as Jed's parents, Ryan and Michel, flew in. The following day we met up with Nate (Jed's bro) and Kylie (who live in Connecticut for law school) and headed out on the train for a day in New York City. We walked from Penn Station to Times Square, Madison Square Garden, Central Park... We even passed the Naked Cowboy. I begged Jed to let me get a picture with him, but alas... :)



Benjamin is pointing to an approaching train. Look at what a cute Daddy he has. Jed is holding Benny up and sharing in his excitement. These train rides to and from NYC were very exciting for Benny!

The highlight of our NYC travels: the Gershwin Theater to see Wicked! :) Here's Nate, Kylie, Ryan, and I just before the show. Jed and Michel babysat the kiddos at Central Park for awhile, and then hung out in a hotel lobby while Ben and Eliza both slept and it poured rain outside. They were sweet to forgo the show. (Michel had tickets to see it later in the week during Ryan's conference, and Jed didn't mind babysitting so I could go, as he's seen three broadways and this was my first. Sweet husband!) It was a clever play and very entertaining. The experience was awesome! Thanks Dad, for taking us to a Broadway!
Here's Benjamin and Michel playing at Central Park.




10 comments:
I loved getting home and checking in on the family blogs. We MISS you so much and had a blast. Seeing the pictures brings all the fun memories back. Give the kids hugs and kisses for me. Love MOM
What did you think of Wicked? I loved it! I can't stop listening to the soundtrack because it is so great! Looks like a fun trip!
Yay pictures! We are thrilled that we were able to see you guys and hope you have succesfully recouped from your vacation. I love the pic of Benjamin sucking his thumb.
So fun! I am dying to see Wicked. I heard it is coming to Salt Lake in the spring...I'll have to take Griff for his birthday. wink wink. Ha! loved the pic of Benny sucking his thumb. What a fun trip!
What a fun trip. I cannot wait to hang out with you and find out what you thought of New York. Soo Jealous!
How FUN!! I can't believe I have never been to NYC - it looks like so much fun to see everything you here so much about! I love that first pic of Ben! So funny! And Eliza sure is getting chubby - look at those legs!!
So jealous that you saw Wicked on broadway! I've seen it 5 times in Chicago, but I REALLY want to see it in New York!
You travelers should come visit us in Chicago! Please, please, please!!!
Erin--that looks so fun! I love the picture of Benny in his cool shades! So cute!
Looks like a great vacation!! And, belated happy birthday to Benjamin!!
How fun! Your trip summed up most of the places in the East we would love to travel! Happy b-day Benny!
Post a Comment