I was asked to do a 'Summer Dining' Cooking Demonstration for the ladies in my church a few weeks ago. I decided to do a Citrus Theme, since I love using fresh lemons duri
ng the summer. We made Spinach & Strawberry Salad and I demonstrated how to make the tangy Lemon Dressing that goes with it. I passed out servings of my all-time favorite homemade Lemon Ice-cream. Then I demo-ed how to make the marinade for Lemon Grilled Chicken, how to make Jamba-style Orange-Strawberry Smoothies, and then we discussed the secrets for delicious muffins. Everyone got to sample the icecream, salad, chicken, smoothies, and lemon poppyseed muffins, and take the recipes home. (Click on the link for the recipes - some of them are already on my sisters' and my cooking blog, The Sisters Cafe.)It was lots of fun - I seriously LOVE to cook, so it was fun to get to talk about it and discuss cooking with the ladies in our ward. Now I know what my sister Melanie means when she says that doing cooking demonstrations is a lot of work. It certainly is! But it was definitely a blast too. :)


9 comments:
Wow, Erin, the list of recipes you demonstrated kept on going...and going! I am so impressed you made ALL of that food for all the taste-testers. Honestly, what a ton of work but I bet it was a blast and I'm sure the food was amazing!
It sounds like it was a big success! You look like a pro up there! I am so excited to try your lemon icecream! I love lemon!
Yummy, yummy! We had that grilled lemon chicken last night, but I sure wish we had some lemon ice cream to go with it!
I heard through the grapevine you did a FABULOUS job!!!! Wish I was there!!
Erin you never cease to amaze me with your talents, especially your cooking skills, I wish we lived close and you could teach me everything you know!
Wow! Can't wait to visit. j/k You are amazing, sis!
I'm sure you were fabulous...you sure looked gorgeous! :) That menu sounded so fun and summery. I only wish I could have been there!
OK, I'm a dork, but what link do I click on for the recipes? I would sure love them!
Erin -- thanks for visiting my blog and signing up for the giveaway!
I love to cook, too. What a fun Enrichment idea! I'll be trying your lemon recipes soon. Lots of fun -- thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment