
Here we are showing off our loot at the Marshmallow Drop this Easter. Luckily it wasn't freezing cold this year like it was last Easter. Instead of trudging across frozen tundra, we sludged through mud to get to the Marshmallow Drop this year. Of course it was worth it! We saw the big helicopter drop loadfuls of marshmallows. After we went last year, when Ben was 2 1/2, he thought helicopters dropped marshmallows all the time - like it was just what all helicopters do. He eventually outgrew thinking that. But it was pretty cute. 
We did Easter baskets on Saturday morning, which is our tradition. Benjamin was so excited to discover his Easter basket, I couldn't get ONE focused picture of him. :)
MOVIE! Clip of hanging out on Easter Saturday morning...

I gave Jed a kid's toy in his basket, knowing that he would have a blast playing with it that day. Sure enough, he enjoyed his ball popper and quickly set up a competition of who could get the most balls in the basket at the end of the hall. It was actually pretty fun!
He's concentrating... giving it just the right angle and amount of pressure...



This year I hosted my traditional Easter Egg dying party, and had a whole bunch of friends and kids over to dye Easter eggs, a few days before Easter. I think there were 8 women over here and 14 kids or something like that. It was a blast. A little crazy, but a blast.



This year I hosted my traditional Easter Egg dying party, and had a whole bunch of friends and kids over to dye Easter eggs, a few days before Easter. I think there were 8 women over here and 14 kids or something like that. It was a blast. A little crazy, but a blast.
We still dyed Easter eggs as a family, though. We couldn't let Jed miss out on the fun! Before dumping out the dyes, Jed showed Benjamin how colors are made... Here he is showing him how yellow and blue make green...
Later in the day I put on Benjamin's new Bob the Builder movie from his Easter basket. I came back in the living room to see Benjamin about two inches away from the TV screen. What a silly kid! (As you can see, he's sucking his thumb while rubbing his belly button, which he has done since he was a baby.)
Happy Easter!


6 comments:
Cute post. Eliza and Ben are darling. That cracked me up to see Ben so close to the tv. Jed his my dad's son, that is for sure - I can totally see my dad hosting the same type of competition with a kid's toy. Fun Easter!
Eliza was SO cute dancing around in her pretty pink dress. Everyone looked like they were having a great time. Love Grandma Walker
Oh my gosh Ben is SO funny! I was still laughing about how he thought all helicopters dropped marshmallows and then I saw that pic of him with his nose literally glued to the telly! Haha!! i also LOVE how Jed was so into his toy gun! eric is the same way - Cheryl gives him one every Easter and he then torments me for the rest of the year with it!
I just watched the video - I loved it!! I was too impatient to watch it before I posted the last comment! :) Eliza is so silly and adorable!I love that little girl!!
I watched the video with Gabe on my lap, and now he is chanting, "Again, again" We BOTH loved seeing cute little Eilza. That marshmallow drop sounds so fun. I cracked up imagining Benjamin imagining that is just what helicopters do. And then I laughed harder at the picture of him glued in front of the television. Jed is a fun daddy, and of course, you are an awesome mommy! What are those decorations hanging over your table, btw. They look cool!
It was so fun to run into you at conference- what a small world that we both end up in Michigan in the same Stake! Your kids are adorable and it looks like you guys are having a ton of fun living here. Lets get together sometime- we have a pass to the Toledo Zoo if you are ever heading that way again. By the way... I forgot to tell you that my blog is private- so shoot me an email @ EmilyBYU@gmail.com and I'll add you. Sorry about that!
Emily
Post a Comment