Thursday, March 18, 2010

Meeting Baby Sam

Proud Big Brother:Proud Big Sister:
These two pictures were taken the afternoon before I went into labor.

The day we got home from the hospital, Jed dropped Sam and I off at home and then went and picked up the kids. He took them to the store to buy baby Sam a present (the pink teething toy) and then came home so they could meet him. When they came in the door, I was sitting on the couch, and I heard Jed helping them wash their hands. Benjamin was very anxious to see us, and kept trying to go ahead of Jed and Eliza...
Jed said, "Wait for us, Ben, and we'll all go in to see him together."
And he would say, "Okay. Well, I'm just going to peek."
"No, wait just a moment, and we'll go together."
"Okay. Well, I'm just going to give him this present."
"Just a moment, wait for Eliza too."
So funny!
When they came in to the living room, they were so cute! They both said, "Ooooh!" and had such cute expressions when they walked up to baby Sam. Jed started videotaping soon after. It's a cute little video. The funniest part was when Ben was trying to lift up my shirt so he could see what my tummy looked like now. Umm, we'll wait til we are off camera to look at my tummy! :) It was also cute how Eliza was so anxious to hold the baby that she was prepared to reach over and steal him right out of Ben's arms. And she was quite reluctant to give him up to me, too!


Enjoying our new baby the first few days home...




9 comments:

Susanne said...

You have a precious family!

Brittany said...

oh my gosh, that was so cute. I LOVED the video. It made me feel like I was there! :) The kids are so darling with the baby! I loved the discussion about the tummy - how funny! The whole thing makes me excited to see how Gabe reacts to our baby!

Melanie Anne said...

Oh thanks for posting this! The video was so cute. Your such a sweet Momma--and baby Sam is very loved already!! He is such a darling baby! Just like his siblings! Give all your sweet kiddos a hug and kiss from Aunt Melanie XOXOXOXO

Christina said...

He is such a beautiful baby. Congrats to your entire family! Miss you guys!

Ally Voye said...

YAY ERIN! CONGRATS! The video wouldn't work for me somehow :( but I bet it is so cute! Glad you guys are all well.

rebecca said...

That video is just so precious:)

Kylie Walker said...

I love the video, Erin. What a good idea to capture those moments. Ben is asking so many questions and Eliza is being so funny.

Jack and Annette Sommer said...

Congratulations! Sam is adorable. Your little family s growing so fast. We are so happy for you. Thankful you and Sam are well. We love you. Jed, stay on the ground for your family's sake (JK) We love you.
Annette

Jan S said...

YOu are beautiful and so are the kids! I love you.
Mom